Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hi from Avignon, France
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DonTraver
Hi from Avignon, France. Since I last wrote I’ve been to D’Orleans, Tours, Boudreaux, Toulouse, Lyon, Carcassonne, Avignon, and a bunch of places I made day trips to when I’d go out castle hunting. Found the Millau Viaduct on the way to Carcassonne. Supposed to be the longest suspension bridge in the world, saw it on Top Gear.

I’ll be leaving here for Bourges tomorrow for a couple of days then Paris for 10 days, then I think Reims, back to the Nurburgring, the track is still open. From there I’ll jump around Germany and Luxembourg visiting friends.

Plan on heading back to England in October and then jump across to Ireland for about a month or so, then it will be getting close to shipping the RS America home and catching a flight.

That’s the rough plan, it can change in a moment’s notice, so nothing is written in stone.

Later, Don
IanJ
Sur l'pont d'avignon
johannes
Boudreaux ... You mean Bordeaux ...

If you happen to visit Strasbourg (worth it) on your way to the Nurburgring, ring my bell so we can have a beer ... or a glass alsacian wine together.

beer.gif
cantley914
You didn't mention how your french was coming...
Beaucoup de "s'il-vous plaît", "merci" et "je vous en prie"....
Enjoy your stay in this beautiful part of the world.
"À la prochaine" like they say !!!

Steph in Qc Canada

"À votre santé" beerchug.gif
ThinAir
I'm officially envious. How inconsiderate of you to make the rest of us feel bad by telling us all the fun you are having! biggrin.gif
rick 918-S
Hi Don! Your livin the dream!
Randal

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Especially castle pictures!
DonTraver
Johannes, I visited Strasbourg with my Mom during my 2010 Tour with the RSA, but I still want to go to the Agincourt museum that's somewhere between Strasbourg and Nancy.

There's supposed to be a Buggati museum up there somewhere too.

So I never know where I'm going until right before I get there.

For pictures of the castles and stuff go here.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2010-2011_european_tour/sets/
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.