Full Version: My Dilema
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wndsnd
I Won a local charity raffle.

New Porsche from local dealership for the weekend. biggrin.gif

I called to find out what it was, and they told me,

"Pick one out when you get here."!

"We have a Boxter, Carrera, Panamera, or Cayenne. You have your chioce."

Well I said, No stinkin SUV's, but now....

What do I do? Such problems to have, I am usually cutting or fighting with some corroded bolt.

Will this spoil me for life? Will my teener accept me and forgive me? grouphug.gif

Richard Casto
Depends upon what you want to do this weekend as well as what the option level is on each. If you want to hang out with a bunch of people, then maybe a night on the town in the Panamera is the right thing. If you want it to be more of a solo experience then it would come down to the option level to help me pick between the Boxster and 911 (I assume these are 2012 models?) I would absolutely pick a Boxster S over a base Carrera. If the trim levels are the same, I might pick the Carrera over the Boxster. See if you can take one them all out for a few hours each!

Have fun you lucky dog!

Richard
billh1963
Carrera.....no brainer!

If you get the Cayenne or Panamera you will need to turn in your "914" card barf.gif
CMONNETT
I agree, the Carrera.
Cupomeat
That is fantastic!!!! Congratulations.

I'd go with the 2013 Boxster S over the 2012 Carrera (997) if it were me and you had that choice, at least on the driving.

Resale has the Carrera above the others if that is important to you.

Congrats and post pix of your choice AND what you "discarded"

Nice dream
Krieger
Wow! Very cool. Boxster or Carrera. Take them out for drives and decide. Do you have to pay taxes on the car? Maybe then the less expensive one.
timothy_nd28
The Cayenne is riddled with problems. My brother is constantly having issues with them. The Boxster is a entry level porsche, I would pick the Carrera.
Andyrew
Since your getting it for the weekend, Why not the convertible?
KaptKaos
No Cayman?
Maltese Falcon
Ask them if you can pick it up at the factory on Saturday morning biggrin.gif
DRPHIL914
I would say the convertible!!

if the 2013 Boxster S is the option i would take it , carrerra is fun, would turn heads too, but then i have a Boxster S so i am biased

congrats , either way you cant go wrong!!!!!
have fun. aktion035.gif driving.gif
carr914
Tell them you will wait til they get a 918 in stock!

driving.gif
carr914
QUOTE(KaptKaos @ Aug 24 2012, 03:41 PM) *

No Cayman?

No Cayman this Model Year with the re-tooling they had to do for the lengthed Boxster
wndsnd
Well I went car shopping Friday Night. I was offered a 2009 Boxter, or a 2010 black on black sunroof coupe Carrera confused24.gif

The Carrera had 23,000 miles, and was a 6 speed. Choice Made....

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

I have run 2 tanks of fuel, and need to return her this morning. I think I can now accept watercooled technology into the brotherhood, and put my old biases aside.

She is a good girl, bad when she wants to be,(a sreaming monster at times!) and tame when needed. She is built for comfort, with all the right curves, and I will surely miss her. wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif
Valy
And she has a big ass.
smj
That's completely awesome, and I'm glad you were able to have a great time with it.

But I am a little puzzled by this:
QUOTE(wndsnd @ Aug 24 2012, 10:05 AM) *

Did they mention why you weren't being given a choice of 2012 model year cars? Or was it that you didn't want any '12s that they had on hand?

Just wondering. Also, which dealer? Used to live there in Arlington, test drove a 944 S2 in '98 with one dealer and the clutch stuck on the test drive up I-93. They confirmed it needed a clutch job and told me they'd have to add that to the car's cost, which was already at the high end of the range. Needless to say I walked after I stopped sputtering...
wndsnd
QUOTE(smj @ Aug 27 2012, 10:24 PM) *

That's completely awesome, and I'm glad you were able to have a great time with it.

But I am a little puzzled by this:
QUOTE(wndsnd @ Aug 24 2012, 10:05 AM) *

Did they mention why you weren't being given a choice of 2012 model year cars? Or was it that you didn't want any '12s that they had on hand?

Just wondering. Also, which dealer? Used to live there in Arlington, test drove a 944 S2 in '98 with one dealer and the clutch stuck on the test drive up I-93. They confirmed it needed a clutch job and told me they'd have to add that to the car's cost, which was already at the high end of the range. Needless to say I walked after I stopped sputtering...

No when I got there it was apparant that the new car inventory was not part of the deal. Oh well, 2010 was not exactly vintage. As I said I was only offered the two cars. Actually I was expecting the cheapest thing on the lot so I think I did ok. This was a southern NH dealership, Stratham Porsche Audi. They were very accomodating. I knew the salesperson as I had purchased an Audi from him back 10 years ago.

billh1963
I knew you would choose wisely! biggrin.gif

Why would any fool choose a cayenne or panamera when a 911 is available? dry.gif
gothspeed
wow! great looking car smile.gif!!! congratulations on the win aktion035.gif !!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.