Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB late, stock 3.2 Carrera motor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Cairo94507
Hello all-

Scotty B. tells me it is time to begin searching for a motor for my Six. I am looking for a complete, low mile (if possible) late model 3.2 Motronic injection motor, complete with everything.

If you have one, or have a lead on one, please pass the information along.

Thanks in advance - Michael
sixnotfour
Is 180K low miles for an 1985 3.2 ??
carr914
I've got a friend with one complete with the DME - he states it is fine, but I've seen it smoking at the last 2 DEs
Cairo94507
I would like a motor with less than 100K on it if possible and if over 100K one that seems to be well maintained and original.

TC- I guess it would depend on the year, miles and compression and leak down numbers.
larryM
have an '88 3.2 complete - with full carrera wiring harness & new alternator

- no DME box (that will cost ya $700 for a rebuilt);

COMPLETE as removed from the car by the Sunnyvale shop that maintained it for 10 yrs, who says it was strong and no smoke - - came out of a side-t-boned wreck

g50 clutch & FW on it

according to bodyshop manager who was there, owner told the insurance adjuster it had about 30K on TOH & produced a lot of rcpts,

$6500 obo at my carport -

also have a rebuilt 915 & new clutch/FW package to fit this engine - $2500

contact 2elmo22 at gmail or 530 -889- 8268 - Sacramento area - zipcode 95635

Larry M
Cairo94507
I have a tentative deal on an '87 stock 3.2 complete with DME, harness, etc., including a Steve Wong chip and the original chip. The seller is ShakinJoe on the Pelican site and I am awaiting leak down numbers to set the final price. The engine has 98K miles on it and is currently in his car running.

I will keep everyone informed. Thanks for all of the leads; I appreciate it.
Cairo94507
Thanks Mark - But unless something goes horribly wrong with the leak-down test, ShakinJoe's engine will be headed to Scotty's in the near future.
Thanks for looking for me though- Michael
Cairo94507
Well I am very disappointed to say that despite having a deal with ShakinJoe on Pelican, he has apparently sold the motor out from under me.

We had a deal for $4750 delivered to VA and then an issue came up regarding the engine smoking. He said he would do a leak down test. I said so long as the numbers are good we are still good. He said OK. Then he said he would do the leak down test last weekend. Then when he had not done it I said look, if you want to forego the leak-down test, I still want the motor but how about $4250 delivered? He said he was doing the leak down today and I said OK, let me know the results. Then I get a PM saying the numbers were 2-5% and he sold the engine on the spot for the asking price.

I am very disappointed-he told me we had a deal and congratulated me on the purchase. I understand he likely got a few hundred dollars more, since he originally asked $6K for the motor with headers and I said I did not want the headers and he said OK, then $5K and I offered $4750 delivered and he accepted and said he had friends who were always going to VA and could deliver it for him.

Such is life.......

carr914
Michael I sent you a PM about this - a Better one will come along
mepstein
agree.gif 3.2 engines are not rare. $4750 for a suspect engine was not the deal of a lifetime. There will be plenty more opportunities.
Cairo94507
Thanks guys; I will continue to look for a good 3.2 for my Six.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.