Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New/upgraded Instrument Cluster?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Carlitos Way
I was browsing e-bay and saw this. My instrument cluster is a complete cluster (*&^(%*&^%. Nothing is plugged in. So... I'm wondering if this is a good time to go ahead and upgrade this. Does anyone know the cost of the additional gauges and how hard it is to retrofit?

Thanks,

Carlos
porschefool
Saw what?
unsure.gif
Joe Ricard
I just finished doing gauges in my car. Used the hole for the radio to hold CHT, Oil Pres, Oil temp. Used an additional fuse block routing power from Battery through switched relay to Gauge power, Gauge lighting. Also used fuse block for power to 100w driving lights and carb fuel pump.
next gauge will probably be narrow band Fuel / air meter. Not sure where it will go maybe ash tray hole.
Carlitos Way
QUOTE(porschefool @ Oct 25 2004, 09:12 AM)
Saw what?
unsure.gif

Darn it, I forgot the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...sspagename=WDVW
Aaron Cox
a couple on this board manufacture theyre own custom gauge panels. they use all VDO gauges

look in the resources forum for "morphenspectra"
Mueller
you can get the gauges at Summit Racing, cost per gauge is going to be between $50 and $100 (each !!!) depending on which model you pick...there is also i site I think called e-gauges or something like that...they supposed to have decent prices

i'd email the seller and ask for the gauge part numbers that are shown in the advertisment
mike_the_man
I'm not a big fan of 9xauto. They seem to make a lot of claims on their website about performance improvements for some of their very overpriced parts. In fact, there was a big argument on here a while ago with the owner about his super duper fuel rails.

Doesn't Morphenspectra make a something like this as well? If so, he would be the guy to buy from.
Carlitos Way
I've seen morphenspectra's name around here, and I'm planning on getting his "sound solution" (I think that's what he calls it). Maybe I can get everything from him at once.

Thanks for your help,

Carlos
Bleyseng
James is his name and is a "little guy" but produces nice parts for 914's. Good guy to buy from...

Geoff
skline
agree.gif 9xauto thinks his stuff is the best and prices it as such, I would never buy anything from them. Morphenspectra has always done good for everyone who purchased from him, great products and very fair prices. Always look to club members for parts and products before you venture out to the vultures. Does anyone dissagree with that??
Qarl
Keep in mind that the e-bay ad is just for the panel, not the gauges.

You will end up connecting the same wires to the new gauges, or spending considerable time adapting the existing wiring or running new wires.

What will you gain? Maybe more accuracy and better dash lighting... otherwise it may not solve your problems.
markb
Personally, I'd fix what you have before you try & get fancy. Otherwise, any problems you run into, you won't know if they were already there, or if it was something you just did.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.