Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sheet Metal thread.....72' 914. 3 weeks until it goes to the junker.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Dyne127
72', all panels available. Sawzall has a new blade in it. 3 weeks until shes gone. Anyone need anything?

IPB Image
db9146
How's the front trunk and the area on the inside right rear fender near the battery tray?
Click to view attachment
nihil44
Attached is the image of the depression in the inner sill panel to allow room to grab the handbrake handle.

This depression is not present on the RHS in my car as it has been converted to RHD.

Can you supply this patch panel?

Thanks

David
Brisbane Australia

Dyne127
I will get back to both of you later today with pictures...
914werke
QUOTE(nihil44 @ Aug 28 2012, 02:11 AM) *
the depression in the inner sill panel to allow room to grab the handbrake handle.
This depression is not present on the RHS in my car as it has been converted to RHD. Can you supply this patch panel?
Thanks
David
Brisbane Australia

Not to hi-Jack but be cautious when cutting & welding that section back.
The insulated tube that runs the inside length of the long is simply foil backed paper
and will catch fire easily.
nihil44
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Aug 29 2012, 01:26 AM) *

QUOTE(nihil44 @ Aug 28 2012, 02:11 AM) *
the depression in the inner sill panel to allow room to grab the handbrake handle.
This depression is not present on the RHS in my car as it has been converted to RHD. Can you supply this patch panel?
Thanks
David
Brisbane Australia

Not to hi-Jack but be cautious when cutting & welding that section back.
The insulated tube that runs the inside length of the long is simply foil backed paper
and will catch fire easily.

Thanks for the heads up.

David
Dyne127
QUOTE(db9146 @ Aug 27 2012, 08:09 AM) *

How's the front trunk and the area on the inside right rear fender near the battery tray?
Click to view attachment

battery tray is dust, the frt trunk is decent, besides the bottom of the spare tire well
pilothyer
How is the rear panel? The part from the tail light housings all the way down...If a picture is needed I can supply one with the cut out lines.................Jerry
kwlane
how about the bottom of the upper part of the tunnel, from cross brace to front? I', replacing the back half floor of my car, but the tunnel floor is pretty rusty its whole length.
Dyne127
QUOTE(pilothyer @ Aug 28 2012, 06:45 PM) *

How is the rear panel? The part from the tail light housings all the way down...If a picture is needed I can supply one with the cut out lines.................Jerry

Rear panel is a disaster...sorry
Dyne127
QUOTE(kwlane @ Aug 28 2012, 09:24 PM) *

how about the bottom of the upper part of the tunnel, from cross brace to front? I', replacing the back half floor of my car, but the tunnel floor is pretty rusty its whole length.

I will check for you today
db9146
battery tray is dust, the frt trunk is decent, besides the bottom of the spare tire well

Okay, thanks for checking.
Dyne127
QUOTE(Dyne127 @ Aug 29 2012, 04:24 AM) *

QUOTE(kwlane @ Aug 28 2012, 09:24 PM) *

I will check for you today

some pics i took today, let me know if you need more specific shots...

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
Luke M
I'm looking for the pass seat slider up/down mount. I see it on the pic that you posted. It's welded to the cross brace. Would need to be cut off. Let me know If you need me to post a pic of what Im looking for .

Luke
Dyne127
QUOTE(Luke M @ Aug 29 2012, 05:23 PM) *

I'm looking for the pass seat slider up/down mount. I see it on the pic that you posted. It's welded to the cross brace. Would need to be cut off. Let me know If you need me to post a pic of what Im looking for .

Luke

If you can send me a pic showing the item specifically, I will cut it out today.
Luke M
QUOTE(Dyne127 @ Aug 30 2012, 04:24 AM) *

QUOTE(Luke M @ Aug 29 2012, 05:23 PM) *

Luke

If you can send me a pic showing the item specifically, I will cut it out today.

Here's the pics. This is the drivers side but I would need the pass side only.

Luke
Luke M
Warning.... Just a heads up to anyone wanting to do business with this guy/girl.
I dont want to slam this guy/girl on here but not a good way for him/her to start off on this site.

The people that have dealt with me on this site know that I'm a fair and reasonable person. With that said, Be Warned.
jeffrotech
QUOTE(Luke M @ Aug 30 2012, 11:27 PM) *

Warning.... Just a heads up to anyone wanting to do business with this guy/girl.
I dont want to slam this guy/girl on here but not a good way for him/her to start off on this site.

The people that have dealt with me on this site know that I'm a fair and reasonable person. With that said, Be Warned.

What does this mean? That someone can't part out a car if they are new to this site?
Luke M
QUOTE(jeffrotech @ Sep 1 2012, 07:58 AM) *

What does this mean? That someone can't part out a car if they are new to this site?

I've owned, parted, sold, and purchased parts for 914's for over 25 + years. I've done business face to face, at swap meets and e-net within this time. This was the first time someone had asked for labor to be included in the price of a part. I have never charged for a part because I had to use my time to cut it out or remove an item. I was looking for a small seat mount bracket. This person got back to me saying he had cut it out of the car (which sounds was being cut up anyway) before he gave me a price. He/she had asked me to give a price on the item. I gave a fair price only for the person to come back asking 100% more then what I had offered so to cover his labor. I told the person that was alot of money for a small piece of metal but agreed to buy it anyway. The responce I got was " No Deal I'll keep it for a paper weight " . I know I stated above that I wouldn't slam this person but since a few have asked this is my side of things. This has nothing to do with new guys/girls being on here for what ever reason. Maybe new sellers should read up on club rules in the topic title section before they start to list things for sale.
Dyne127
QUOTE(Luke M @ Sep 1 2012, 11:07 AM) *

QUOTE(jeffrotech @ Sep 1 2012, 07:58 AM) *

I've owned, parted, sold, and purchased parts for 914's for over 25 + years. I've done business face to face, at swap meets and e-net within this time. This was the first time someone had asked for labor to be included in the price of a part. I have never charged for a part because I had to use my time to cut it out or remove an item. I was looking for a small seat mount bracket. This person got back to me saying he had cut it out of the car (which sounds was being cut up anyway) before he gave me a price. He/she had asked me to give a price on the item. I gave a fair price only for the person to come back asking 100% more then what I had offered so to cover his labor. I told the person that was alot of money for a small piece of metal but agreed to buy it anyway. The responce I got was " No Deal I'll keep it for a paper weight " . I know I stated above that I wouldn't slam this person but since a few have asked this is my side of things. This has nothing to do with new guys/girls being on here for what ever reason. Maybe new sellers should read up on club rules in the topic title section before they start to list things for sale.

I never INCLUDED labor, I just asked you to consider the fact that I took close to an hour cutting it out of the car, grinding down all the welds/spot welds and then wire brushing any remaining blemishes or rust off of the piece. I chose to provide you with a piece that was 100% ready to install upon shipment. My mistake for thinking that going the extra mile would be worth more than $10...I only asked you for less than 20 before shipping to somehow justify my time and efforts. We are talking a couple of dollars, of course I took offense to that. For me to cut that out, grind down all the welds, package it, drive to the post office, and send it out is not worth the $10. Thats all I was trying to express. Congrats on parting out 914's for 25 years; ive learned that going the extra step to ensure satisfaction is only worth $10 instead of the $18 I requested. Valuable. Thank You for your wisdom!
Luke M
[quote name='Dyne127' date='Sep 1 2012, 12:33 PM' post='1732429']
[quote name='Luke M' post='1732416' date='Sep 1 2012, 11:07 AM']
[quote name='jeffrotech' post='1732344' date='Sep 1 2012, 07:58 AM']
[quote name='Luke M' post='1731740' date='Aug 30 2012, 11:27 PM']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I never INCLUDED labor, I just asked you to consider the fact that I took close to an hour cutting it out of the car, grinding down all the welds/spot welds and then wire brushing any remaining blemishes or rust off of the piece. I chose to provide you with a piece that was 100% ready to install upon shipment. My mistake for thinking that going the extra mile would be worth more than $10...I only asked you for less than 20 before shipping to somehow justify my time and efforts. We are talking a couple of dollars, of course I took offense to that. For me to cut that out, grind down all the welds, package it, drive to the post office, and send it out is not worth the $10. Thats all I was trying to express. Congrats on parting out 914's for 25 years; ive learned that going the extra step to ensure satisfaction is only worth $10 instead of the $18 I requested. Valuable. Thank You for your wisdom!

By your pm's you wanted to have your labor covered with it also. That's what I got from it. I send things all the time and it never crossed my mind that it's a waste of time even if the part was only a few dollars. So it takes an hour or more of my time to box and drive to a shipper. I do it anyway cause it's the right thing to do. I guess you have no clue on what that means. I also see how you forgot to add that I did agree to purchase it for $25 before you said " NO Deal" . I have no clue on how I offended you unless it's $10 an hr. Again, best of luck to you.

Our pm's from this.

You : Cut it out and cleaned it up for you. Whats your offer? Keep in mind that it took me a good 45 mins to cut it out and clean up the spot welds

Me: I only need the weld in bracket not the other part. I'd go $10 + shipping

You : make it $25 shipped and you have a deal, I had to cut part of a good floor up to get that piece out.

Me : A little more then what I wanted to pay for it.
Need an address for payment.

You : No deal then....I took my time to clean it up nice, not just hack it off and give you a piece of shrapnel. Ill use it for a paper weight.

Me : Ok . Best of luck to you.
nihil44
Chris,

I received your section of the inner long in good condition as described. It travelled well across the Pacific down to the underside of the globe.
It is just waiting to be grafted into position. Neat work - thank you

David
Australia
JMHAR
I'm interested in the floor boards, lower part of the firewall and the tire well, what would those run?
kid914
QUOTE(Dyne127 @ Aug 27 2012, 10:48 AM) *

72', all panels available. Sawzall has a new blade in it. 3 weeks until shes gone. Anyone need anything?

IPB Image

Looking for a good windsheild!!! If you're willing to ship.
Thanks
sixnotfour
how about the sections behind the horns left and right.
from the center of head light towards the center 12 inches.
2 cuts down each side and one along the pinch weld at the bottom.
LMK Jeff
Dyne127
Windshield broken...sorry

QUOTE(kid914 @ Sep 18 2012, 06:31 PM) *

QUOTE(Dyne127 @ Aug 27 2012, 10:48 AM) *

IPB Image

Looking for a good windsheild!!! If you're willing to ship.
Thanks

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.