Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: New toy for body repair
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
skline
Do you think he is trying to tell me something? He picked this up saying he thought I could use it when working on the cars. I never look a gift horse in the mouth. This thing is way cool. He got it at Harbor Freight. I can hardly wait to try it out.
skline
In the box
Root_Werks
drooley.gif

Sweet!

When I had to pull a dent on my 914, I bought a MOE clamp that grabs onto a welded seem. The harder you pull, the harder it clamps. Very cool. I love the welder. nice clean factory looking welds! pray.gif
Aaron Cox
nice!!!

perfect for that 928 lol2.gif
scruz914
Everyone should have an ex father in-law like yours.
skline
He is pretty cool, I think he likes me. He also chipped in to get my wire feed welder too. The guy is a retired sheetmatal worker. He did the shroud for my radiator and the stainless steel around my stove in my kitchen. I guess life isnt all bad.
Joe Bob
So....the daughter? Was she like a snot or sumthin?

blink.gif
skline
No, she was actually really great. I was working all the time and we just grew apart. We are still friends and she is still very nice looking.
scruz914
QUOTE(skline @ Oct 25 2004, 03:40 PM)
He is pretty cool, I think he likes me. He also chipped in to get my wire feed welder too. The guy is a retired sheetmatal worker. He did the shroud for my radiator and the stainless steel around my stove in my kitchen. I guess life isnt all bad.

Sounds like you are the son he doesn't have.
JohnB
I think it's great that you still get along with your ex, life is just way too short for a lot of angst.

john
Rusty
That's a cool toy. I'll be interested in seeing how it works out for you. Pictures, please!!! smile.gif

How much does it weigh?

-Rusty smoke.gif
Katmanken
It's pretty heavy- there's a transformer in there!

Clamp it, flick the lever to the side and Zap- all done!

Takes a light touch to keep from burning through.

Talked my model shop at work into buying one. I took it home to use on the car a coupla times... biggrin.gif

Ken
Rusty
It looks very cool. Is there significant risk of warpage when using it?

-Rusty smoke.gif
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(Lawrence @ Oct 27 2004, 07:40 AM)
It looks very cool.  Is there significant risk of warpage when using it?

-Rusty  :toke:

Warpage isn't a big problem with a spot welder.
Getting the weld just right can be challenging. Too much and the metal squeezes out, too little and it doesn't stick together.
There are three different parameters that go into a good spot weld - Power, Time, and Clamping force. Gotta balance them all.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.