Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
david63
1970 914-6 GT Replica
This is a very nice GT replica built on an original 914-6 shell that once belonged to noted 914-6 expert Jon Lowe. I purchased the car from Michel Richard (he built the car and I will attach links to his build thread in 914World) in April of 2010 in Canada. I picked up the car and brought it to Texas where the car was registered and has a clean Texas title.

The car as built by Michel Richard in 2006:
• Body – Car was media blasted, steel flares installed and car was painted Zambezi green, car has fiberglass front and rear bumpers, fiberglass front and rear decklids w/ wood reinforcements, GT engine cover, deleted headlight motors and installed 914-6 GT headlight pull cables,
• Drivetrain – 2.5 twin plug engine (complete rebuild w/ paperwork), 901 transaxle , 40 PMO’s, Supertec twin plug dizzy, complete GT oil system, front mounted oil cooler, 914-6 heat exchangers.
• Suspension and Brakes – 914-6 front and rear suspension, aluminum front crossmember, bilsteins front and rear, Factory front swaybar, factory rear swaybar, Alum “S” front brakes, 914-6 GT rear brakes (vented rotor and functional e-brake), replica 15” Fuchs.

What does the car need?
• Small paint repair (scratch on the panel between the windshield and front decklid, scratch on the passenger door and what looks like a rust bubble on the outside of the driver’s door near the bottom). Obviously the doors were not prepped correctly prior to painting; the door is very “fixable”. Will try to show these spots in the pictures.
• Windshield needs to be R&R’d to properly install windshield clips and trim (the parts and trim are included).
• Round up the rest of the parts to make the heater work and Jet Hot coat the original heat exchangers
• Address the annoying oil leaks (just your normal 911 engine drips, used to it, like a lot of you I have the cardboard “floor saver” and I deal with it). Interested in total disclosure. No surprises

What have I done to the car since I purchased it:
• Replaced the master cylinder (new 19mm) and flushed the lines with ATE Super Blue
• Moved the fuel pump to the front of the car and replaced the fuel lines.
• Installed a Tarrett front sway bar
• Corrected the poor fit on the front fiberglass bumper and painted the front and rear bumpers black.
• Zim’s Autotechnik in Bedford Texas replaced the steering wheel bushing and sorted out the wiring to the horn, gauges, etc.
• Recovered the seats

I am asking $34k. I have owned 5 or 6 914’s over the years and built a very wild 914-6 conversion and this is a very nice car. See the build thread (Michel's build) and my photos.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...f=2&t=34896

The car can be seen at Zim’s Autotechnik. The address is 1804 Reliance Parkway, Bedford Texas. Please contact Al Zim to set up an appointment to see the car at (800) 356-2964. He requested that folks don’t just “show up” so please call him first.

Any questions? PM me and I will get back to you. I have a few more pictures. Thanks for looking.

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=330
517]Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid
=330523]Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachme
ntid=330527]Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[atta
chmentid=330514]
david63
Sometimes one should "be careful what you ask for you might get it" so I will be prepared for negative comments... To my surprise I have not had one PM or comment to this post so please let me know what I should do to increase the interest in the car (I think the price is far for a real 6 but maybe I am wrong).

Micheal did a great job when he built the car, He rounded up some really special parts like the GT oil system (some of those parts are made of unobtainium), the Getty decklids are $$$, and the 2.5 with the supertec twin dizzy is not a cheap piece. If you try to read his build post you better have a few hours to spare.

I don't think he put more than a couple of thousand miles on it and I have not driven it more than a couple of hundred miles since I bought it in 2010.

I am selling it to get something I can drive everyday and I don't think an original 6 is something that should be subjected to daily traffic, etc.

carr914
Just be Patient. I know when I was selling my car it took a little while, but I'm glad it did as the "right" Guy bought it
BKLA
It takes a while to sell a nice 914. Patience...

BTW- very nice and nearly period correct. biggrin.gif
racerbvd
I would love to have that car, very sweet!!
mepstein
Really nice car. Great documentation from the previous owner. A bargain if you add up the cost of parts.
Dirty Evo
if i had the money.......................
david63
Thanks for the support. I don't think I would make it in the car selling business. Must develop patience.

I really like the car. In a moment of weakness I decided to get back into the 914 restoration business (reminds me to see medical help soon) anyway I bought the 914-6 knowing it needed a couple of really small things to be nice, then bought a 1974 2.0 (the blue one in the background of the avatar photo).

You all know the rest. I cannot finish the 2.0 until I sell this one. Then I need to find a good driver car. It never ends. Thanks again for the support.
JKW
PM sent to you.
david63
Sorry for the delay on getting the PM's replied to. Been out of town. Thanks for the interest.
david63
bump
david63
To the top
Mark Henry
I wish I had the coin to bring it back to Canada!

Free bump biggrin.gif
david63
Thanks for the bump. New reduced price is $32k
david63
Need to either sell the car or pull it off the market for a while. Price reduced to $29k.
carr914
I really don't think you are patient enough ( I know it is tough) but lowering your Price only costs you $$, but people might think there is something wrong with the car - which I know is not the case ( I'd buy it in a heartbeat if I had the Funds)
david63
You are right on about not being patient enough... I debated for a while on if I should lower the price or not? One of those things that once it is done cannot undo it.

I appreciate the guidance and I am not going any lower than the $29k and if it doesn't sell for that (I know the economy is tough and I bet banks don't like to loan money on old cars so interested buyers have to have all the $$). Makes it tough.
Randy_L
I would buy your car in a heartbeat, but I'm just not quite in the position to do that. I've been studying the GT for a long time, spending way too much time at www.pbase.com/9146gt, for instance (a great site, if you don't know about it), so I get it. I sure hope that whoever buys your car appreciates what you've done as much as I do. Really nice car. Good luck.
bigkensteele
If I were you, I would spend a little money to create a decent website for the car, then list it in Panorama with the link. I think that you could fix a few cosmetic things, and 29 would be low for this car if you put it in front of the right audience.
david63
Agree completely. I think the combination of the market being down a bit, and the car not being completely finished hurts it. If I fix the small defects in the paint, get the windshield trim thing addressed, get the heat exchangers and exhaust complete, etc. Then have some professional pictures done along with a more detailed writeup I think I can "adjust" the price up a little and still have a better chance of moving the car.

The car is still in Bedford at Zim's they fixed the wiring to the foglights, horn, etc and put a bearing in the steering column (uber-expensive piece). I will be going up there in a couple of weeks to bring the car back home. Address the "needs" over the winter and see how the market is in the spring. Appreciate the advice.
914forme
Nice to see Jon's old project come back to the surface. Good luck with the sale. I know the parts and the expense that was take to build this car to a period correct GT, crazy time a devotion.
Pat Garvey
I still miss Jon Lowe in yje world of 924's. He's a good, long-term buddy.

Hope he's OK & still flying monster RC's.

BTW, damn nice GT
david63
If any of you are going to Zim's swap meet tomorrow the car will be outside looking for a new owner?

I am not going to be able to make the drive from Midland to Dallas to attend the swap meet but Al said he would have the car outside. Take a look at it and let me know what you think?
914ltd
Someone will get a bargain with this car and in 6 months, everybody else will tell their Porsche buddies "I COULD have bought THAT '6 for $XX,XXX!!!

Nice car, good luck with the sale. Brad

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.