So, I've been working on a few things for the past several months and some prototypes in hand. smile.gif

I have a few prototype rain tray bushings in my hands that were test fitted on the car. The only thing I'm not quite sure about is the correct length of the bushing or "the gap" between the tray & mounting point. I think the tray tested may be the early tray instead of the late tray. The L-shape rubber stop was discontinued with the model year '73. This will obvious effect the "gap" because one bushing was used on the right side while the bracket & L-shape rubber was used on the left side. This probably explains the extra deep wave on the left side of the tray to a more shallow dip on the right side. In fact, Porsche even used different length screws to accommodate this early style.

All my test trays go from warped to really warped. I would definitely appreciate someone measuring "the gap" off a new Mikey tray or NIB tray to get the gap 100% correct. I measured the length of an old rubber bushing which roughly equivalent to the small "gap" bushing. The bushings are made out of aluminum instead of rubber and be painted or polished to fit your tastes. Obviously, they won't warp or get deformed easily and should last longer than the rubber.

The 2nd thing, I'm working on is a replacement for p/n 271 821 767 aka the "Thermostat Pulley mounting bolt" which has been NLA for a very long time.
As soon as I get everything together for a proto, I will post more info about it.

The 3rd thing, is I almost have completed the '73-'76 door rebuild kit. It is going to be more comprehensive than the '69-'70 kit. The delay has been what to do about the NLA bolts that hold the window winder mechanism to the door in an elegant, efficient, low cost solution. I have the pieces in my hands to do a mock-up/prototype that I will post later this week.

The 4th thing, is the NLA E-brake boot I sent to Mikey to reproduce for me. More details to come on it. The last item, is a secret shades.gif , but I will disclose that it is NLA and is needed.

Here are the pics for the rain tray the small "gap" bushing:
Click to view attachment
Close up:
Click to view attachment
Underside view (poor warped tray):
Click to view attachment
Straight-on the gap:
Click to view attachment
Close up of the gap:
Click to view attachment
Side view of the gap at an angle:
Click to view attachment