Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1.7 Rocker Arm Modification
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Highland
I just want to make sure I'm milling the right area for the 1.7 rocker arms to fit the 911 swivel foot adjusters.

Can someone confirm for me the attached picture is correct?

Is +/- .005" good enough?

SLITS
You are most certainly correct Sir!
mrbubblehead
the pdf wont open for me. but i countersinked my holes also. it just gave me a little more room for the foot...
dirk9141973
Is it uncommon to having to shim under rocker arm ? building 2056 with cam and stock rocker arms and push rods all the valves adjust great but had to shim under blocks to provide clearancs.?
yeahmag
The usual answer is "it depends...", but I've never built a non-stock motor and not had it to shim.
jaxdream
If you do the mod and use the feet , you should do a rocker arm geometry check . Also you may have to get a set of longer / shorter pushrods . Do a search on rocker arm geometry , should find a lot explaining the process.

Jack
gothspeed
QUOTE(mrbubblehead @ Aug 27 2012, 04:50 PM) *

the pdf wont open for me. but i countersinked my holes also. it just gave me a little more room for the foot...

+1 on the addtional countersink smile.gif ............ it allows for the foot without having to remove as much material from the face. I think I saved .020" of what normally would be removed.
Valy
Make sure you don't create a step in the arm. Forces will concentrate on the corner of that step and brake the arm.
gothspeed
QUOTE(Valy @ Aug 28 2012, 01:18 PM) *

Make sure you don't create a step in the arm. Forces will concentrate on the corner of that step and brake the arm.

true! mine were all deburred and almost polished on the edges ..... smile.gif
dirk9141973
QUOTE(gothspeed @ Aug 28 2012, 03:16 PM) *

QUOTE(Valy @ Aug 28 2012, 01:18 PM) *

true! mine were all deburred and almost polished on the edges ..... smile.gif

beerchug.gif had one hell of a time getting the push rods and rocker arms seat why? No longer need shims under blocks !!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.