Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ferkin Window Winder Handle
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rough_Rider
Darn it! ar15.gif wen't to wind down the window & the handle broke again!!

This seems to be a common problem, what is the solution. I don't fancy buying another plastic one. Does anyone make somehting like this aluminium winder from a elise?
Aaron Cox
bug stores have some cool polished metal ones
ematulac
If it makes ya feel better, I got 2 broken window handles that I got at the local Pep Boys. One lasted 3 days, the other lasted about 10 days before breaking. smash.gif

Back in my vw bug days I would always see some really cool billet handles around. I'm looking for some now; if I locate 'em, I'll let you know.
Jeroen
I guess your problem isn't the handle...
Free up the mechanism
Demick
Yeah, buy a set of aftermarket ones for a VW bug. From plain to fancy whichever you prefer. The stock handles pretty much suck.

Demick
SLITS
Hmmmm - who rolls up windows and puts tops on?

If it rains - drive faster burnout.gif

If it's cold and snowy - turn the heater up biggrin.gif
Rough_Rider
Cheers fellas, the bug suggestion was spot on. I just ordered these bling items biggrin.gif from www.jbugs.com

I'll tell the wife its a necessary upgrade rolleyes.gif
dlo914
nice call smilie_pokal.gif
Aaron Cox
how much did those set you back?

EDIT: 26 bucks? ouch. here they are
dlo914
another set on Evil happy11.gif Bay:
Custom door handle window crank set VW beetle
dlo914
it's going for $10 (expect more at the end of the auction) on ebay and $30 on jbugs...
ematulac
QUOTE(Rough_Rider @ Oct 25 2004, 03:59 PM)
Cheers fellas, the bug suggestion was spot on. I just ordered these bling items  :D  from www.jbugs.com

I'll tell the wife its a necessary upgrade  :rolleyes:

Nice. rocking nana.gif

I may invest in a pair of those meself.
ruddyboys
I picked up one from my FLAPS that was in a blister pack for a VW. It is almost an exact match to the 914. The grain pateren is a little different, but from across the car you can't notice. It set me back about 4 bucks.
Allan
QUOTE(ruddyboys @ Oct 25 2004, 04:25 PM)
I picked up one from my FLAPS that was in a blister pack for a VW. It is almost an exact match to the 914. The grain pateren is a little different, but from across the car you can't notice. It set me back about 4 bucks.

agree.gif Go to your local Pep-Boys, they will set you up.
bob91403
Lube your lifters. If you can break them, it's not the handles.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.