Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ontario, Canada get together?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Mark Henry
I'm just wondering if there's any interest, I'd be willing to host it.
Plenty of room for camping, or bring a cot and sleep in the shop.

Looking for a reason to hoist a few beer3.gif And bs.gif about how fast we've had our 914 going...on jackstands.

We should at least get something in the works for next year confused24.gif

Not looking to do a porvolks show, something a bit more informal, just the 914world crowd aktion035.gif
kid914
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Aug 28 2012, 09:16 AM) *

Looking for a reason to hoist a few beer3.gif And bs.gif about how fast we've had our 914 going...on jackstands.

Not looking to do a porvolks show, something a bit more informal, just the 914world crowd aktion035.gif

I might be in,... but my teener is still on stands. hissyfit.gif
peteyd
We are actually co-hosting a swap meet and show and shine with Randy Meyer from Whaletail. It will be on September 29 in Waterloo.

I should have mentioned this earlier...

There will be burgers and drinks, but you gotta bring your own booze.

Here are the details.

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-c...QAdIdZ395075222
Mark Henry
QUOTE(peteyd @ Aug 28 2012, 10:19 AM) *

We are actually co-hosting a swap meet and show and shine with Randy Meyer from Whaletail. It will be on September 29 in Waterloo.

I should have mentioned this earlier...

There will be burgers and drinks, but you gotta bring your own booze.

Here are the details.

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-c...QAdIdZ395075222

That sounds great!
I'll see if I can make it.
There should be it's own thread for this one for sure.

I'd still be down for something here, maybe June/July of next year?
I want to do something small scale, not a show, just the 914 guys.
Something like the tranny clinic....
Maybe the Doc wants to come up, I'm almost recovered from the last time we got shit faced tipsy.

beerchug.gif
bandi
I'd be interested in something next year as I'm planning on actually having my car assembled by then.

I keep seeing a red teener in Belleville, I'll try and talk to the owner.

Jon H.
I'm interested too. I could use the tranny clinic now sad.gif
wobbletop
I'd probably be up for it.

Thanks for the info about the Waterloo meet!
MDG
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Aug 28 2012, 12:42 PM) *

I'd still be down for something here, maybe June/July of next year?
I want to do something small scale, not a show, just the 914 guys.
Something like the tranny clinic....
Maybe the Doc wants to come up, I'm almost recovered from the last time we got shit faced tipsy.

beerchug.gif

In!

Is your wife's ban on Dave still in effect?

FourBlades

I am planning to be in Ontario next summer.

I doubt I will drive my teener all the way up there though.

A get together would be cool.

John
MrHyde
Ya I'd be in for this too ! depending on when next summer maybe mine will be moving under it's own power !! ( painting week is 2 weeks away )

And I'll be at Whaletail too
Ian Stott
I'd be up for that for some time next summer! I will do the tranny clinic if the good Dr. is gonna do it. I can combine it with visiting family in Ottawa, and I'll stay at CFB Trenton again.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
Eric_Shea
I've been banned from Canada. sad.gif
MDG
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 28 2012, 06:27 PM) *

No. Not banned.

Just politely asked not to come here again.
swl
great idea - been a while.

John where are you going to be? Would be pleasure to meet the master of rust!
MrHyde
Trenton is a bit of a drive from Marks... I grew up and still have family in Trenton... ahhh falling asleep to the drone of the Hercs..... smile.gif
balljoint
I will bring a running 914. smile.gif

balljoint
Unless I am in court that day.
AndyB
I would be in for one. Next summer definatley.
AndyB
bandi
QUOTE(MrHyde @ Aug 28 2012, 07:36 PM) *

Trenton is a bit of a drive from Marks... I grew up and still have family in Trenton... ahhh falling asleep to the drone of the Hercs..... smile.gif

Bah, it's not even an hour!
boiledcabbage
Definitely interested - a year from now should be just about enough time to find the vacuum leak...
Bleyseng
Crap, I was just in Markham for 10 days at a reunion and was looking for something to do besides follow the girls around while they shopped...
clow
I am in! Hopefully I can bring a running teener. I also have lots of parts I am willing to donate/swap. Swap meet as well?

I was hoping to see a few at the Oshawa Autofest last weekend. Some VW's but I don't think I saw a single Porsche. I was there Sunday.

Clow
Woody
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Aug 28 2012, 08:16 AM) *

Why would anyone want to go to canadia? poke.gif
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 28 2012, 05:27 PM) *

agree.gif WTF.gif
QUOTE(balljoint @ Aug 28 2012, 06:43 PM) *

I will bring a running 914. smile.gif

Probably the only one in the country. poke.gif
MDG
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Aug 28 2012, 10:33 PM) *

Crap, I was just in Markham for 10 days at a reunion and was looking for something to do besides follow the girls around while they shopped...

What? Don't keep these things secret - I live right there . . .
Eric_Shea
You Dufus's need to think big. Think like an Merican.

We have RRC, WCR and a handful of other events east of the Mississippi that I can't remember right now. How aboot a Iceberg Classic or a Woodcutters Reunion? You could have a tree cutting contest, moose wrestling and a drive to Ottowa to see that big ass goose.

Evenings could be spent in Sarnia with stacks of singles.

Make a weekend oot of it.
balljoint
Erc is remembering the adult entertainment venue in Sarnia called Wendy's. What he doesn't realize is that it is a chain. You can see fine ladies at Wendy's right across the country.

On the thinking big idea I think we need to have it just big enough that Erc doesn't think he should show up.

Woody can come, but he would be murdered in his sleep. Anyone have a problem with that?
Mark Henry
Well this sounds cool....guess we'll have to figure out a date.

Peteyd was afraid that he hijacked my thread, don't worry about it bud, I wanted to know if anything else was shaking in the 905. If I can I'll hit your show I'll be there.

I know I can get Mike Gallaway (mikes914's) to show up.

I don't want "big", I've tried that before, I don't want to be out of pocket, I don't want to charge admission, .....etc.
I do want a few 914 buds, listen to someone bullshit better than me, roast some flesh, pot luck, BYOB and hoist a few ales.

Erc I can get you across the border, I have a friend who um..."imports items" on the reserve. Very quick process, and fun! Two 300hp merc o/b's on a 17' aluminium fishing boat will put a smile on your face.
Just don't be fooled by that 25hp rating on the boats coast gaurd tag, remember in Canada that rating is in metric.

If you want to stay the weekend we have spot for your pup tent or tour bus, a couple of B&B's are in the area and a few motel/hotels in town.
MDG
So, Mark . . . you are saying your Mohawk friends would essentially waterboard Erc across Lake Ontario?

Cool.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(MDG @ Aug 29 2012, 11:57 AM) *

So, Mark . . . you are saying your Mohawk friends would essentially waterboard Erc across Lake Ontario?

Cool.

No, no they wouldn't do that. They are nice guys, they would never intentionally hurt Erc.

But....they might have to tie him to the bow, they need to counter weight the twin merc's. No blindfold, they like the passengers to enjoy the view.
Eric_Shea

On the thinking big idea I think we need to have it just big enough that Erc doesn't think he should show up

Not a problem. I don't think I should show up regardless. Don't get me wrong, flannel and sable hats are really cool but, it may be a bit too far of a drive.

Woody can come, but he would be murdered in his sleep. Anyone have a problem with that?

I'm good. Can we make it a double and take oot one of the females that thinks it's OK to breed with him too? idea.gif

they like the passengers to enjoy the view

Cool... they sound friendly enough. And a good booat ride is always in favor. thumb3d.gif
Woody
blink.gif
MDG
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 29 2012, 12:55 PM) *

Not a problem. I don't think I should show up regardless. Don't get me wrong, flannel and sable hats are really cool but, it may be a bit too far of a drive.

mad.gif

Oh, you'll be there.
Dr Evil
I am definitely interested. I need to know when so I can start training my liver :drunk2:

I would be willing to do a clinic as well.
scotty b
blink.gif

MSC 2013

Maple
Syrup
Classic
Woody
QUOTE(scotty b @ Aug 29 2012, 08:44 PM) *

blink.gif

MSC 2013

Maple
Syrup
Classic

laugh.gif
swl
QUOTE(clow @ Aug 28 2012, 10:47 PM) *

I am in! Hopefully I can bring a running teener. I also have lots of parts I am willing to donate/swap. Swap meet as well?

I was hoping to see a few at the Oshawa Autofest last weekend. Some VW's but I don't think I saw a single Porsche. I was there Sunday.

Clow

So you set yourself a goal of grad to get the first car running and it worked. Maybe you should be aiming at MSC 2013 to get the V8 on the road. Deadlines are marvelous things! Been really quiet on your build thread. Yeah yeah - school, money, time ... Don't want to hear the excuses. poke.gif

Mark - what can we do to help make this thing happen? Potluck sounds good but you gotta promise no rain during flesh roasting!
balljoint
Umm, Evil-Dad won't be going anywhere.

leoN already has enough reason to be unhappy with me.

unsure.gif
cantley914
QUOTE(Scarlet75 @ Aug 28 2012, 04:37 PM) *

Count me in too,
Andy, will be great o meet again,

Steph

beerchug.gif
Dr Evil
QUOTE(balljoint @ Aug 29 2012, 10:42 PM) *

unsure.gif

Balance, my friend. I will then take the spawn whilst she goes off for a weekend. Noting is impossible unless it not be tried!

Dont be such a hater.
balljoint
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Aug 29 2012, 11:26 PM) *

QUOTE(balljoint @ Aug 29 2012, 10:42 PM) *

unsure.gif

Balance, my friend. I will then take the spawn whilst she goes off for a weekend. Noting is impossible unless it not be tried!

Dont be such a hater.

Not hating. How are your mammary glands?
Eric_Shea
Would all the Canadians please report back to the sandbox. This is why the sandbox was invented.
Woody
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 29 2012, 10:38 PM) *

Would all the Canadians please report back to the sandbox. This is why the sandbox was invented.

lol-2.gif

Ian Stott
Start thinking about lobsters guys! Lets pick a date where we all can have a crack at going.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
Mark Henry
After this weekend I'll be MIA for the next 2 weeks so think of some dates for this to happen.

May can have blackfly and the May two-four weekend is traffic hell.
June is ok but it sometimes pours.
July is a fairly safe bet.
August is good, but sometimes the odd T-storm spoils the fun.
Both july 1st and the first weekend in august are long weekends, so more traffic.

We should have lots of time to get this to work. beerchug.gif
Dr Evil
I am out until after mid June.
wobbletop
Bump... Anyone going to Waterloo for the meet on Saturday?
MrHyde
yup.. I'll be there after work sooo just after noon...
wobbletop
I had to leave just before noon. The only 914 there but was fairly well received I think. My wife felt a little self conscious when we were driving in the driveway and everyone was looking at us.

Very cool cars there. And an impressive amount of porsche parts available. I will definitely be going back. Randy was pretty busy talking to everyone.

BajaXJ92
idea.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.