Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Replacement Throw Out Bearing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jon H.
Hi, I'm finally getting ready to put my engine and tranny back in the car and am just sourcing the final few parts and see the throw-out bearing is ridiculously over priced blink.gif Is there any other options then the $150 route? I've already checked NAPA and they can't get one.

Thanks'

Jon
Thestigz06
QUOTE(Jon H. @ Aug 28 2012, 09:50 AM) *

Hi, I'm finally getting ready to put my engine and tranny back in the car and am just sourcing the final few parts and see the throw-out bearing is ridiculously over priced blink.gif Is there any other options then the $150 route? I've already checked NAPA and they can't get one.

Thanks'

Jon

Jesus, theyve gone up again! The cheapest i have found was 125 from rock auto!
Jon H.
At this price they should be called throw-up bearings barf.gif
Thestigz06
No kidding... Have you replaced the clutch and pressure plate? If not, it may be worth the $$ now so you don't have to drop the tranny again later...
Cap'n Krusty
There is NO substitute. Man up and buy one.

The Cap'n
Jon H.
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Aug 28 2012, 01:29 PM) *

There is NO substitute. Man up and buy one.

The Cap'n

It's looking that way. I've replaced these on various vehicles and they were never this expensive. I was just a little shocked by the price. The clutch was replaced not too long ago on the enigine I bought and the transmission I received had no throw out bearing. Sigh!
dangrouche
$128 shipped from AutohausAZ
Mike Bellis
I bought a new SPEC Stage 3 clutch kit and got a free one. Clutch kit only cost me $700... sad.gif
shuie
Just bought one from Pelican a few weeks ago. I think it was $141.
bulitt
Is the old one making noise or you are just wanting to renew it cause you have it tore apart?
I have a used one in good condition you can have cheap. Removed because converting to V8 and the KEP kit has a new one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.