Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front valance rubber spacers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Valy
There are 2 rubber spacers that go on the M6 bolts holding the front valance near the wheel well.
The parts are NLA but does anyone know the thickness of those spacers?
Thanks.
jeffdon
QUOTE(Valy @ Aug 28 2012, 01:23 PM) *

There are 2 rubber spacers that go on the M6 bolts holding the front valance near the wheel well.
The parts are NLA but does anyone know the thickness of those spacers?
Thanks.

There are rubber spacers for that?
gothspeed
These are the dimensions for the rubber spacers at each end of the stock steel rockers. I would assume they are the same size as the spacers used on the valences. popcorn[1].gif

In inches:
.60" OD
.240 ID
.325" Height

In MM:
15.3 MM OD
6.10 MM ID
8.1 MM Height

* Since these are made of rubber all dimensions are approximate due to the compliance of the rubber.

Hope this helps!!
76-914
stack some 1/4" faucet washers. looks OEM biggrin.gif works on the rear, too.
Valy
Perfect. Thanks.
I think that a piece of rubber hose will do the trick
wink.gif
76-914
QUOTE(Valy @ Aug 28 2012, 06:19 PM) *

Perfect. Thanks.
I think that a piece of rubber hose will do the trick
wink.gif

Mt 73 had pieces of hose but it distorts and won't compress. If you can't find any pm me. I've got hundreds. IIRC you'll need to pass a 7/64 bit thru them to enlarge the #8 hole so the factory bolt can slide thru.
Cap'n Krusty
A number eight hole is bigger than the 4mm bolt that goes there .....................

The Cap'n
76-914
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Aug 28 2012, 07:47 PM) *

A number eight hole is bigger than the 4mm bolt that goes there .....................

The Cap'n

Your probably right John but I remembered losing my temper trying to squeeze the washers over the bolt threads so I enlarged them. The reason that I used a larger bit will become self evident once you try to drill rubber. Especially Buna-N type rubber. I suppose a small rat tailed file in a drill might work better. BTW, here is a pic of a #8x32 showing it's metric o.d. dimension. I didn't mic it but the nominal measurement displayed here should be acceptable, in that we are just "Jury Rigging", anyway. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.