Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Invoice Tells a Story or Does It?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JawjaPorsche
I love looking at old original invoices of teener purchases. There is one today newly listed on Ebay. The simplicity. Everything written out in hand. The cost. And the trade-in. This person traded in a 69 VW Bus. Trade-in: $1800. Owed $1819.10 $19.10 in the hole! The invoice said there was $10 charge for front Porsche emblem. The emblem is missing in the pictures.

The teener was originally white. Someone went to a lot of trouble to paint it blue. While not perfect with a lot of over spray it looks like they managed to paint what was white: Blue!

The invoice says it is a 71 but the VIN is 72!

The ad said Rust is non existent but if you look carefully you see rust! Also no photos underneath.

The ad also says Leather seats but we know better! It also has seats and backpad from 73 and above.

The car does have FI which is a plus.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-914...em=221116879760
Gustl
QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Aug 29 2012, 01:41 AM) *

The invoice says it is a 71 but the VIN is 72!

the date info on the invoice says 7-24-71
in fact, that's model year 1972 (july 1971 - june 1972)

wink.gif
Mike Bellis
What's this paint code? L50E? or L80E? Looks like a 5 to me. Not a white car. confused24.gif

IPB Image
JawjaPorsche
So there is a possibility that this invoice is not for this car? There is no VIN listed on the invoice. The plot thickens!

confused24.gif

that
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Aug 29 2012, 12:45 AM) *

What's this paint code? L50E? or L80E? Looks like a 5 to me. Not a white car. confused24.gif

IPB Image
MDG
QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Aug 29 2012, 09:20 AM) *

So there is a possibility that this invoice is not for this car? There is no VIN listed on the invoice. The plot thickens!

confused24.gif

Edited my first post as I missed the part about the '72 VIN.

Without the VIN on the invoice it could be for any 914 sold that day with those specs. In July it could be a '71 model year or it could be an early arrival '72. I thought the 'next' MY didn't usually go on sale until late August though? Could be wrong about that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.