Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Reduced to 16.5K, new stuff added w/o 11/26
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
avidfanjpl
11/4/12 Continuing to add new work and parts to the car. Redoing rear light wiring. Adding an access door between seats to reach the front of the motor. Rebalancing carbs this week. Put those great drilled aluminum pedal pads in. Also adding a rare right Rennline footplate in drilled aluminum, so both sides match nicely. Added new 3/16 full hand-fitted aluminum floorboards on both sides. They are still able to be removed and cleaned or new skid tape replaced over time. This interior is really getting nice. Adding the planned hot Hella 100w Driving lights into the 916 foglight grille. I now have more than 18.5K into, not counting my time. Adding new short-throw shifter kit, but that goes at cost plus labor adding to base price. Closest to 18K takes it.

This is an AX car. No title only BOS, but it is flawless, and far more complete than when I bought it for 11K from Jonathan.

Just the carb rebuild was a ton of dough. But it runs like a top. And new soft slicks on the Ronal's stick like paint.

More pics on request, but it is best to see it if you are local.

I have all the bills from GPR selling it to me on. There was much to do to an already fantastic car.

John
310-991-2200

Click to view attachment
DRPHIL914
what would it take to make this car street legal?
avidfanjpl
QUOTE(Philip W. @ Sep 27 2012, 09:39 AM) *

Hi Philip!

Note that the price is climbing as I continue to improve the car. It is what I do.

A lien sale in your state is the process, but read on.. About $300 plus the work to reinstall the complete headlight system..including at least:

Light doors
Headlight buckets - I have a set for the car
At least some way to lock the lights up if you skip the motor assembly to save weight

You could cut the existing hood and just use good piano hinge with locking for the buckets to hold them up and drive away.

A lien sale in your state takes an expert that does it for about $300 plus some kind of sales tax and registration payment by you. I have a bill of sale, but the CA title on this car is incomplete.

Several of us have owned the car, and the title was discarded about 15 years ago, but neither Thomas, Jonathan, Mark S, Tim nor I had it. This is one tramp of a chassis, so to speak. Thomas left before it was finished, Jonathan at GPR added the kinky windshield and I am continuing to finish and finalize the car.

So, you can check with your state DMV, we can provide some history, and take it from there. If the car sells, the new owner can do it, if it doesn't sell and I stay in CA, I will do it and Slits, Mark S and his bud will help a bit, but I will plan to take it to Colorado and see if Mike Ginter's crew can help me do a lien sale there at my new home.

Thanks,

John
proto31

Don't forget that on top of the stuff John listed the car will also need windshield wipers (along with squirters) and a side mirror. Also, the windshield was chopped about 2 inches so you can't mount a standard roof to the car, nor are there any side windows. The car started it's life as a 4 cylinder so the fact that it now runs a 6 may pose an issue with the DMV. Great car, but check in with the DMV to see how strict they're going to be about making this street legal.
avidfanjpl
Thanks, Dan!

Slits and others say the car has to do a lien sale, but again, either it sells on a bill of sale or I take it to Colorado and drive it in events there.

Anyhow -

I listed it for $16.5K on Samba, and it would be the same here, but I have to edit it. The price is now 3K less than I have in it. Just built a door into the firewall to reach the motor. Finished aluminum plates for the floorboards, and left/right rennline drilled footboards.

Added the foglights and rewired the taillights and changed to better buckets. I know I need to take pics but this car looks pretty cool.

J

QUOTE(proto31 @ Nov 6 2012, 02:07 PM) *

Don't forget that on top of the stuff John listed the car will also need windshield wipers (along with squirters) and a side mirror. Also, the windshield was chopped about 2 inches so you can't mount a standard roof to the car, nor are there any side windows. The car started it's life as a 4 cylinder so the fact that it now runs a 6 may pose an issue with the DMV. Great car, but check in with the DMV to see how strict they're going to be about making this street legal.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.