Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS rear bumpers...either way
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
wachospeedo
I have a choice to make and would like to test the market. I have sourced the correct rear bumper for my 914-6 and plan to get both front and rear rechromed. In the process of finding my correct bumpers (and parts for my car), I ended up with some bumpers from parts cars. I do not need to start a collection, so here is my question...if I do go ahead and have the bumpers rechromed, I would like to sell them fresh for $500 per bumper. If I don't get them rechromed, I would like to get $150 per end. The shop doing the chrome is a very reputable shop. They will strip existing chrome, sandblast, massage (get rid of dings and dents), prep and rechrome. I have done businees with the shop for about 12 years and the quality is high. If anyone needs a rear bumper...basically new or used, let me know how you want it. I have three to start with.

Speedo
wingnut86
My thoughts...HOLY SHIT yikes.gif

$500??

May be a bit low, that's an awesome deal, especially since they are original to start with.

Many places charge twice that for rechrome jobs.

wachospeedo
Ok...I could charge more evilgrin.gif but I have read and re-read the flipper-scammer-gouger disclaimer at the top of the classifieds. Spread the love is what I heard. So I am trying to spread the love biggrin.gif

Just let me know if there is interest...
lonewolfe
I'm in the SF Bay area and it's difficult to find good shops to do this work. The one shop I know of that does good work charges $400 per bumper. So, I think $500 already refinished is a good deal. You're only selling rear bumpers?
pete000
PM Sent !
wachospeedo
Bumpers dropped off this morning. They promissed to massage all the dings and dents accordingly. I gave them three smooth curve (non 914-6) rears. One of those is spoken for...so I will have two remaining.

Speedo
wachospeedo
Bumpers are done. I will hope to pick them up later this week. My expectations are high for the finished quality. One rear is tentatively accounted for...which leaves two. I also may have a 914-6 rear that came up while the others were being refinished that may be available as a stripped core.
I will post picks shortly. Let me know your interest.

Speedo
scrz914
Ogden Chrome did mine for $350 each, but I don't think they media blast the back side. Just chemical. They didn't like my front bmpr so they pulled one from their boneyard and charged me $10.
lonewolfe
I'm in Oakland and wondering if Ogden Chrome is local to us Nor Cal folks or is it in Utah?

QUOTE(scrz914 @ Sep 12 2012, 09:37 PM) *

Ogden Chrome did mine for $350 each, but I don't think they media blast the back side. Just chemical. They didn't like my front bmpr so they pulled one from their boneyard and charged me $10.

scrz914
It is in Utah. But what they did was provide free shipping through FedEx. They write the pickup tag and YOU wrap up your bumpers in bubble wrap and painter's plastic and put it on your front porch. They return it and if there is any shipping damage they redo your bumpers no questions. Mine did get some damage and they had to redo. i also had to put a sealer on the backside. They look good but time will tell on the quality.

sorry for hijacked.gif
wachospeedo
The bumpers are back and look great. I will post pics this morning. One rear is tentatively spoken for, and there are two extra fresh rears. I also have a 914-6 rear that I just stumbled upon too late to get refinished. It is stripped and very straight, but has some weak areas that need to be fixed. I would rather have it picked up locally. PM me if interested.

Speedo
wachospeedo
One is sold...thanks Walt. Two more to go.
wachospeedo
Eye candy...they came out very nice. beerchug.gif
Two still available...first come...
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Speedo
Andyrew
Good price! Good luck with the sale!
wachospeedo
Second bumper is sold...thanks Michael. One freshly rechromed rear bumper left. PM me if interested with your email for pics.

Speedo
backcove
QUOTE(wachospeedo @ Sep 25 2012, 07:45 PM) *

Second bumper is sold...thanks Michael. One freshly rechromed rear bumper left. PM me if interested with your email for pics.

Speedo

PM sent
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.