Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: lizard skin/insulation/sound deadening
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
charlesmac
hey, anybody ever heard of or used this stuff stuff did i do all that right? still learning here. anyway, from the sound of it, it seems to be what the 914s need. sound deadening, insulate from heat, and helps control rust. $185 for 2 gallons though, wait a minute, am i being a cheap 914 owner. stop it, STOP IT!!
McMark
Sounds like sprayable ceramic coating. Just like people have been putting on their exhaust pipes. Interesting. idea.gif
charlesmac
so.......who wants to be the guinea pig and try this first?
McMark
The guy with too much money. laugh.gif
charlesmac
don't we have one of those around here? pray.gif
Gint
I saw that on Street Rodder. It's more for temperature insulation than sound. And it appeared to be awesome stuff. I would consider it, but a 914 doesn't really need heat insulation much IMHO.
charlesmac
I would think that it would be good on the firewall. Maybe on the underside of the targa top too. It gets hot down here in Missippi.
lapuwali
They claim a 10-12dB reduction in noise, which is HUGE. Most of the Dynamat type stuff only claim 3-5dB.
SpecialK
Get about 8 people to go in on a 2 gal. bucket and divy it up. I'd think a quart would be more than enough to do a 914 firewall.
Series9
Sound reduction? F that! We need sound induction. Screw low db. cool_shades.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.