Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: early steering wheel parts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
r3dplanet
I need the parts that mount to the back of an early 70-71 steering wheel. Specifically, I need the metal return ring, perhaps a horn button, and the deeper black collar/cup.

Can pay w/PayPal, check, etc.

Thanks,
Marcus
rhodyguy
fyi, the spring loaded horn contact is made from brass (i think) and wears down over time, to the point where it doesn't make a good contact. spring for a new one...AA $35+/- plus shipping.

r3dplanet
Hey there. Thanks for the heads up. I see that Pelican has those, too. I don't buy from AA.

-m.

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Aug 30 2012, 02:26 PM) *

fyi, the spring loaded horn contact is made from brass (i think) and wears down over time, to the point where it doesn't make a good contact. spring for a new one...AA $35+/- plus shipping.

markb
I have a new spring loaded horn contact ordered for a customer, but was the wrong one I'd let go of for $20.00, and I have some of the stuff you need. I'm not sure if I have the missing piece for the column, tho, just the wheel parts.
r3dplanet
Hey Mark,

I just bought a mostly complete setup. Is that horn button the short or the long one?

-marcus
markb
QUOTE(r3dplanet @ Aug 30 2012, 06:37 PM) *

Hey Mark,

I just bought a mostly complete setup. Is that horn button the short or the long one?

-marcus

The long one, if I remember correctly.
markb
I just went out & looked, and I found a broken one repaired with electrical tape in a new bag. sad.gif Sorry.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.