Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: F/S Complete 1911 engine/gearbox, induction
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
ChrisFoley
Currently installed and fully operational in my daily driver.

Low mileage 1911 with Raby 9550 cam built at Tangerine Racing.
Low mileage completely rebuilt stock sideshift transmission.
Tangerine Horizontal Cooling System.
Tangerine Stock (1 1/2") Exhaust System with EVO II Silencer.
Custom dual throttle body D-Jet Injection (or Dual Delorto carbs with Tangerine Cable Linkage).

Complete package, ready to install and drive - $5500 with D-Jet, $5000 with Dells.
Separate prices:
Engine with Horizontal Cooling system - $4000
Transmission - $1250
Exhaust - $1450
Custom Dual T/B D-Jet injection complete, with modified 2 Liter airbox - $1250
Dells with linkage - $650
914werke
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

biggrin.gif Chris ever Dyno'ed it?
ChrisFoley
Never been on a dyno. I was hoping to have a portable dyno at my shop this summer but it didn't come together.
I had thought of changing out the cam to see if the custom intake setup will tolerate more overlap, but that was a future project.
The D-Jet runs great as it is.

I can get more pictures, but here are two to start with:
This one was taken while we were assembling the dual TB setup before installing the engine. At the time I had SSI heat exchangers with the prototype Tangerine EVO IV exhaust on the engine.
This exhaust could be swapped for the header if desired.
The engine runs a stock cooler mounted remotely, although I could set it up in the stock location with a special air takeoff from the shroud to the cooler and a bimetal thermostat which blocks airflow below 180F.
Either way, the oil temp is controlled exactly as I like - I have to push the engine real hard for a long distance to get it above 210F.
Click to view attachment

I made a custom cold air intake using a 2 liter airbox. The inlet is in the left fender well.
Click to view attachment
The engine has full tin.
ChrisFoley
Here's one view of the engine installed:
Click to view attachment
hot_shoe914
Are you only looking for cash or are you open to any trades? confused24.gif

If you had to guesstimate the HP output, what would you guess? confused24.gif

Shoe
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Aug 30 2012, 11:27 PM) *

Are you only looking for cash or are you open to any trades? confused24.gif
No trades.

If you had to guesstimate the HP output, what would you guess? confused24.gif
Java2570
That's a really great setup, Chris! Are there any links to the building of that engine, or the dual
throttle body setup? I'm interested in reading more about that......
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(Java2570 @ Aug 31 2012, 06:36 AM) *

That's a really great setup, Chris! Are there any links to the building of that engine, or the dual
throttle body setup? I'm interested in reading more about that......

Dual TB D-Jet Thread
JmuRiz
Phew, good thing it's not a 2056 engine for that price, I'd be tempted to dump my 6-conversion and just plug that sucker into my engine-less chassis.
I believe this motor is/was every bit as quick as my 2056 at least with Chris behind the wheel. I had a really hard time keeping up as I was chasing Chris down the Dragon 2 years ago....

Ah hell, buy it Shoe.........
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(7275914911 @ Aug 31 2012, 04:42 PM) *

I believe this motor is/was every bit as quick as my 2056 at least with Chris behind the wheel. I had a really hard time keeping up as I was chasing Chris down the Dragon 2 years ago....

Ah hell, buy it Shoe.........

This isn't the same engine Ken. That was my slightly hopped up 1.7L with 40 Dells. The 1.7L is currently apart for some further performance enhancements.

I'm not even sure I want to sell any of this, but I was looking at a 912E yesterday and thought about buying it for my wife.
I'm not buying the 912E afterall so ...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.