Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914/6 matching numbers, restored $39,900
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
914ltd

If you are looking for a beautiful, original numbered 914/6 that is also a great driver, this is the “6” for you. Many correctly done driving upgrades done in my 914 specialty restoration shop. This car has the power, handling and upgraded shifter that should have been original equipment in 1970. It is a blast to drive!

1970 914/6 VIN 9140431598 engine number 645036. Porsche Certificate of Authenticity match these numbers. 72,700 miles. Engine completely rebuilt in my shop at 68,904 miles. Compression and leak down excellent. No oil drips. Transaxle rebuilt. Completely disassembled for a high quality repaint of the original color.
Engine case sent to Competition Engineering. Machined for late oil pump, all oiling updates completed, align bore, case saver thread inserts.
Engine built to 2.2 (85X66mm) 9.5 to 1 compression ratio. 911 E cams. Carerra chain tensioners, Turbo valve covers modified to fit 914/6.
Transaxle rebuilt, resealed with “tall” (ZD) 5th gear. Shift linkage converted to late 914 sideshift.
Recent clutch kit, new flywheel and Bosch starter.
Chassis restoration completed in 2007, no previous evidence of crash damage. Nice, straight chassis. Paint quality and preparation is excellent. Completely disassembled except for wiring harness. No amateur overspray on anything! Repainted in the original silver color. Most all new OEM trim and rubber parts.
Except for noted tools, all the rare 914/6 parts are here and original. Original owners manual and decades of service receipts.
Factory sway bars (from 73 914) added front and rear.
Overall the car is in excellent condition. I would call it in the top 5% of all original 914/6 cars.
The engine rebuild and upgrades cost more than $15,000. The transaxle clutch and flywheel rebuild and upgrades were more than $2000. There is most likely not a 914/6 in this price range that has all the features this great driving car has.
Many more photos available.
If you have further question, please contact me.
Cairo94507
That sure looks and sounds like an extremely nice Six. If you are looking for a nice original Six.....don't wait long as this one won't last!
914ltd
Purchase this 914/6 and you will probably get a better return than your CD, plus, this car is a blast to drive.
Jaymann
Wow:That car looks great! Jaymann driving-girl.gif
6freak
first.gif
914ltd
Bump, this is a really nice car. Brad
cary
Bump for Brad.
Nice car ..................
914ltd
bump with new price
Mr.242
first.gif

I'm partial to the silver SIX's~ Love this car. Good Luck with the sale.
914ltd
Bump
FrogMut
QUOTE(914ltd @ Sep 1 2012, 06:09 PM) *

Currently on Ebay, the owner wants me to get it sold. Brad

If you are looking for a beautiful, original numbered 914/6 that is also a great driver, this is the “6” for you. Many correctly done driving upgrades done in my 914 specialty restoration shop. This car has the power, handling and upgraded shifter that should have been original equipment in 1970. It is a blast to drive!

1970 914/6 VIN 9140431598 engine number 645036. Porsche Certificate of Authenticity match these numbers. 72,700 miles. Engine completely rebuilt in my shop at 68,904 miles. Compression and leak down excellent. No oil drips. Transaxle rebuilt. Completely disassembled for a high quality repaint of the original color.
Engine case sent to Competition Engineering. Machined for late oil pump, all oiling updates completed, align bore, case saver thread inserts.
Engine built to 2.2 (85X66mm) 9.5 to 1 compression ratio. 911 E cams. Carerra chain tensioners, Turbo valve covers modified to fit 914/6.
Transaxle rebuilt, resealed with “tall” (ZD) 5th gear. Shift linkage converted to late 914 sideshift.
Recent clutch kit, new flywheel and Bosch starter.
Chassis restoration completed in 2007, no previous evidence of crash damage. Nice, straight chassis. Paint quality and preparation is excellent. Completely disassembled except for wiring harness. No amateur overspray on anything! Repainted in the original silver color. Most all new OEM trim and rubber parts.
Except for noted tools, all the rare 914/6 parts are here and original. Original owners manual and decades of service receipts.
Factory sway bars (from 73 914) added front and rear.
Overall the car is in excellent condition. I would call it in the top 5% of all original 914/6 cars.
The engine rebuild and upgrades cost more than $15,000. The transaxle clutch and flywheel rebuild and upgrades were more than $2000. There is most likely not a 914/6 in this price range that has all the features this great driving car has.
Many more photos available.
If you have further question, please contact me.

STILL AVAILABLE ?
914ltd
Put away until spring. Still available but price is firm Brad
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.