Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My last project for the day...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
ConeDodger
I ordered magnetic circles and vinyl numbers from Pegasus. I have been ordering stuff from them for years without any problems but this time has been an adventure. First, the box arrived without one of the large magnetic circles and 'tortured' vinyl for one of the number sets. Then this time, the box looks like it was beaten with a bat and the large magnetic circle is 'cracked' and I will not be using it...
I will call them Tuesday and see if they will handle it for me...
Randal
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Sep 2 2012, 07:25 PM) *

I ordered magnetic circles and vinyl numbers from Pegasus. I have been ordering stuff from them for years without any problems but this time has been an adventure. First, the box arrived without one of the large magnetic circles and 'tortured' vinyl for one of the number sets. Then this time, the box looks like it was beaten with a bat and the large magnetic circle is 'cracked' and I will not be using it...
I will call them Tuesday and see if they will handle it for me...

Must be hard Rob, putting on those numbers with the cars suspended from the ceiling. biggrin.gif

Like the numbers.
ConeDodger
Totally random Randal. I took that picture with my iPhone and it is right side up on Facebook but upside down here. Maybe an admin fairy will fix it??? biggrin.gif
McMark
Boring details....

Newer cameras track what orientation the device (in this case iPhone) is in when the picture is captured and stores this in the file. In the old days, if you held your camera sideways, you would get a sideways picture when you looked at it on the computer. Well the picture is still sideways, but that little bit of info in the file tells the computer to automatically rotate the image to make it look correct. Our BBS software is old. It doesn't recognize the orientation tidbit in the file, and so it just shows the picture, as it was originally saved. In order to make the picture look right-side-up, you have to remove that tidbit and re-save the file. Blah, blah, blah.... biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
Wow! I used to believe in the admin fairy... sad.gif

Now I know the boring details...
ConeDodger
Just got off the phone with Pegasus... They handled it! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.