Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AC Hose Routing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
andys
Here are some photos of how I routed my AC hoses. I didn't go through the wheel wells, but rather under the fuel tank and along the inside of the longs through the cabin, then through the firewall to the compressor. The hoses through the cabin are un-noticeable once the carpet is installed. The photos are a little out of order and un-titled, so if you have any questions, please ask.

Andys
Dave_Darling
I hope that you put a mechanical limiter on the passenger's seat travel! I know people who will sit down and adjust the seat all the way back until it hits the firewall. It's far better to have a way to limit the travel before they smash the seat-back into the lines you show.

You may be able to just put a bolt through the track to keep it from going back to far. Take a careful look at it and see. Pull the seat and seat rails out to check that.

--DD
andys
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Sep 4 2012, 11:01 AM) *

I hope that you put a mechanical limiter on the passenger's seat travel! I know people who will sit down and adjust the seat all the way back until it hits the firewall. It's far better to have a way to limit the travel before they smash the seat-back into the lines you show.

You may be able to just put a bolt through the track to keep it from going back to far. Take a careful look at it and see. Pull the seat and seat rails out to check that.

--DD

Dave,

I did exactly that. A seat track stop, so no matter what the seat incline or rear travel, it won't crash into the AC fittings. Good advice though.

Andys
Dave_Darling
I have recent experience with oil line fittings that look similar, and I know that it doesn't take much to tweak those around. And there's the ... interesting experience of replacing the whole AC system in the wife's 911SC...

So it was kind of fresh in my head.

--DD
pdlightning
QUOTE(andys @ Sep 4 2012, 09:09 AM) *

Here are some photos of how I routed my AC hoses. I didn't go through the wheel wells, but rather under the fuel tank and along the inside of the longs through the cabin, then through the firewall to the compressor. The hoses through the cabin are un-noticeable once the carpet is installed. The photos are a little out of order and un-titled, so if you have any questions, please ask.

Andys

I have always said, "You are the Man!".

NICE!
mittelmotor
Very clean install...nicely done! What are the two toggle switches/lights on the center console for?

--Doug
andys
QUOTE(mittelmotor @ Sep 9 2012, 09:50 PM) *

Very clean install...nicely done! What are the two toggle switches/lights on the center console for?

--Doug

Toggles; one on the left is fuel pump, one on the right is 3 position manual radiator fan over-ride and accompanying indicator lights (low-off-high). I still need to fabricate a shifter boot. Oh, and wipe the dust off the dash and console :-)

Andys
3d914
Very nice job. I was thinking something similar except along the floor and next to the center console.

What type of under-dash unit is that? Doesn't look familiar.
andys
QUOTE(3d914 @ Sep 10 2012, 12:30 PM) *

Very nice job. I was thinking something similar except along the floor and next to the center console.

What type of under-dash unit is that? Doesn't look familiar.

The under dash unit is made by Hot Rod Air which I think has since gone out of business. I chose it because it's compatible with the stock LS1 compressor unlike some of the other brands.

I ran the hoses down that side since the LS1 compressor is on the passenger side, and I think they're less noticeable against the inside long.

Andys
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.