Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My FFC Pictures
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
GWN7
Thanks to all who attended. I had a great time. And a special thanks to the organizers.
GWN7
parking lot of the hotel
GWN7
more
GWN7
more
GWN7
more
GWN7
Lunch
GWN7
park
GWN7
park
GWN7
lunch
GWN7
museum
GWN7
The car my friends dad won the 57 Monza with
GWN7
Stats
GWN7
1958 Indy winner The car he won Indy with
GWN7
stats
GWN7
Indy Trophy
3d914
Nice pics Bruce - thanks. Hope you all had a good time in spite of the weather.

I stopped by the "Speedway" once on a business trip. As I recall, I didn't get time to go to the museum, but wish I had. In some ways I envy the pioneers of modern auto racing.

Enjoy!
mikerose
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Oct 26 2004, 10:51 AM)
Thanks to all who attended. I had a great time. And a special thanks to the organizers.

Can I get them any larger? 640 x 480 Great photos Just would like to get bigger biggrin.gif
seanery
NicePics Bruce.
Did you get in the basement?
GWN7
No visit to the basement. The track historian wasn't in when she called (he's the guy who decides who has access to the vaults), but there was a whole bunch of items out that she hadn't seen before. The museum changes what is out on the floor depending on what races are current and between seasons they bring up items that deal with all sorts of races.

Well worth the $3.00 that they charge. smile.gif

Funny story, dropped the "Bad Impalla" of and got on the shuttle bus to the airport. The driver asked if I had a chance to visit the museum and I responded that I had just left there. I told him that they had a bunch of things out on display that normaly aren't shown and he asked how I knew that. I told him that I had a guide who's dad had won the Indy 500 back in 58. The driver said "You know Jimmy Bryan's daughter? and he didn't open the door to the bus until I told him how I knew her and about the whole museum visit. He knew the number of the car he drove and what colour it was....a real fan. biggrin.gif
Hammer920
smile.gif Hey I have more pic's of the indy museum was there during the indy trials in may very neet place...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.