Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ultimate 914 at EASY this Saturday?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
horizontally-opposed
Well, Ultimate 914 if a 2004 Carrera GT qualifies for such a lofty title, that is. I'll at least have my 914club hat on.

I am hoping to stop by and visit Jim and the 356 guys for a little while, probably earlier than later... It'd be great to see some of you at my favorite Porsche hangout.

The only trick: Making sure this thing makes it through the week of testing -- and the rain and no spare aren't making me feel great about things.

pete
seanery
Have fun driving.gif Pete! drooley.gif
Demick
Bring it out to the GGR AutoX at Candlestick on Saturday! Right across the bay from EASY. There will be 100+ Porsche nuts there to gawk at it. Even better, take it for a few runs and see how it really handles!

It will be fun to see if it can keep up with a 30 year old 914.

But you have to let me be your AutoX instructor. biggrin.gif

Demick
mike_the_man
Isn't envy one of the seven deadly sins? If so, then I'm a sinner! wub.gif Have a good time, and make sure you tell us all about it!
Demick
QUOTE(Demick @ Oct 26 2004, 12:13 PM)
It will be fun to see if it can keep up with a 30 year old 914.

Although if you get spanked by some fairly stock 914-4's, it probably wouldn't be politically correct to write that in your article. Ha Ha.

Demick
SirAndy
QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Oct 26 2004, 12:18 PM)
I am hoping to stop by and visit Jim and the 356 guys for a little while, probably earlier than later... It'd be great to see some of you at my favorite Porsche hangout.

damm, i'm going to be at the 914 breakfast in SJ ...

sad.gif Andy
rick 918-S
Pete! aktion035.gif driving.gif Pete! aktion035.gif driving.gif Pete! aktion035.gif driving.gif Pete! aktion035.gif driving.gif Pete! aktion035.gif driving.gif Pete! aktion035.gif driving.gif Pete! aktion035.gif driving.gif Pete! aktion035.gif driving.gif
neo914-6
914 breakfast in SJ ...

It would look good in the McD's drivethrough... driving.gif laugh.gif
Felix
horizontally-opposed
Uh, this thing won't get into the driveway at McDonald's... I even have to think about gas stations with minimal driveways or none at all. Sticking with Chevron really reduces the possibilities. Otherwise, it's getting driven like a normal car and I think it's a fine daily. biggrin.gif

Demick, no can do on the competitive event. Porsche is pretty good about giving me track releases, but as soon as a timer is involved, their insurance is gone... 914 breakfast in SJ? Bummer, but it goes on a truck on Saturday afternoon headbang.gif -- so I doubt I can do both and I told Jim I would be there.

This thing is amazing, especially now that it's dry again. I could own one of these for the rest of my life and never get tired of driving it -- there is so much potential to unlock here. Even at six-tenths, it's plain silly. Down 19th Ave in traffic in the rain at night is a bit of a pain (still fun), but on a dry curvy road or through any tunnel at redline after a blipped downshift, it's plain insane. Sounds like a bit of F1 meets IRL meets Lola-Judd ALMS car, meets early MFI 911 motor.

Or think of it this way: About 150 more pounds than our Boxster with TRIPLE the power... Compared to my 914, about 800 more pounds and hp goes from 80 (maybe) to SIX HUNDRED PLUS.

I love this thing. Anyone who sells theirs needs to get their head examined. Yes, the low and long nose and carbon underbody is a PITA, and the clutch is beyond finicky, but it's SOOOOOO damn good that I don't really care. It's the ultimate expression of a road-going, mid-engined, exotic/race car.

And everything (save the windshield washer) works beautifully. Only Porsche, as every Ferrari in this vein seems like Fisher-Price made it.

pete

pete
McMark
Are you going to be at Infinion? Might be worth a drive over. wink.gif
horizontally-opposed
Alright, the car is still in one piece. And it never touched down on a lot of very real roads. Very impressive.

I'll be at EASY at about 9, and probably down to hang for an hour or two. Any more than that is wasted time... biggrin.gif driving.gif

pete
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.