Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: way off topic
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Sparky
Ok so aside from Corn what else will pop like corn when dried out and heated? I know potatoes will explode in the microwave if not poked first. Aside form that confused24.gif confused24.gif

My best,
Mike D.
Root_Werks
Most insects explode in a microwave. happy11.gif
GWN7
Beans explode and so do peas...
Joe Bob
Anything that is sealed....

Chihuahas....(sic)...Mexican Hairless things...Yo Quiero Taco Bell dogs..... unsure.gif
DonTraver
eggs, don't hardboil worth a damn chowtime.gif
SirAndy
cats ... icon8.gif
Joe Bob
QUOTE(DonTraver @ Oct 26 2004, 01:56 PM)
eggs, don't hardboil worth a damn chowtime.gif

You CAN nuke eggs when they are in a dish of water and make a decent poached egg....
TimT
Pot seeds dont BTDT biggrin.gif
Sparky
My motehr and my wife both suggested trying dried beans, so tonight I'm going to make my girls a bowl of pop beans. Who knows maybe they'll work maybe they'll just stank up the house.

Mike D.
SLITS
Must be really dreary in Maryland these days - popping beans. Anything that has moisture trapped inside will "pop" or explode. When young, as a cook in a restaurant, the first thing you tried on a new waitress was to ask her to nuke a couple of eggs. 3 Mins = 30 mins cleaning biggrin.gif
GWN7
The proper tearm is BLEVE...for Boiling Liquid Expanding Vapour Explosion

Anything with a liquid (moisture) inside it will go BOOM!! when heated, if it's sealed.

This includes driveshafts and shocks, but I wouldn't recommend putting those in the microwave. biggrin.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Oct 26 2004, 03:20 PM)
The proper tearm is BLEVE...for Boiling Liquid Expanding Vapour Explosion

Anything with a liquid (moisture) inside it will go BOOM!! when heated, if it's sealed.

This includes driveshafts and shocks, but I wouldn't recommend putting those in the microwave.  :D

tearm = tear + term, must be a Canadian thing lol2.gif Sorry, couldn't resist after bashing the Frogs pray.gif
Howard
Please confine frog bashing to other thread biggrin.gif
GWN7
Frogs?....I'm a crazy Scot laugh.gif Who Can't spell beerchug.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(Sparky @ Oct 26 2004, 03:03 PM)
My motehr and my wife both suggested trying dried beans, so tonight I'm going to make my girls a bowl of pop beans. Who knows maybe they'll work maybe they'll just stank up the house.

Mike D.

How 'bout Kerry & Bush - do ya think that would stank the house? Ok, so political sh t isn't allowed. Ya prolly wouldn't have to microwave them either.
Sparky
hey wait Frogs could go pop! So far I've got several replies from co-workers, somehow the subject of pop corn came up and I asked waht else would pop besides corn? Dried peas, beans, and frogs have been the top winenrs so far. I once chuccked a handful of hotdogs in a deepfrier to piss off a nightmanager at a restuarant I had worked at, they popped really nice!!

Mike D.
SLITS
Their little legs jump around when ya fry 'em - burns the hair off too!
Qarl
Marshmallows are cool in the microwave!
Jake Raby
I have seen frogs explode in a microwave...

I have also seen them explode with fire crackers down their throats.....
SLITS
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Oct 26 2004, 03:51 PM)
I have seen frogs explode in a microwave...

I have also seen them explode with fire crackers down their throats.....

dynamite caps too!
Howard
You guys are really tough on the French
ChrisFoley
Unfotunately I don't think peas or beans will work well for two reasons. They don't have a rigid shell that will split under pressure and the moisture content has to be very specific. Orville Redenbacher has studied that one to death already. laugh.gif
Sparky
Actually I been googling this and found a South American Bean called Nunas, they dont really pop like corn but split open like a butterfly. More Googling to come....

Mike D.
mack914
And...if you put your head in the microwave it will....Wait,I mean the oven. icon8.gif icon8.gif icon8.gif icon8.gif icon8.gif
charlesmac
I heard that strawberry pop-tarts will. Haven't tried it...............................yet. we need an exploding smilie.
Rusty
A bump for Sparky. blink.gif
Sparky
Thank you Lawrence!!
scotty914
i am a later arrival ( almost said comer ) if you try to pop beans or seeds try put them in a little oil
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.