Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: No PC Really bad day
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DNHunt
I thought stripping an exhaust stud was bad but I just spun an impant in a guy's jaw. Never got near the spec of 30 Newton centimeters. The surgeon never put any load on it and when I talked to him about it he said he was wondering about that one. Asshole

Same sick feeling, the stud never gets tight. Same solution drill and tap for a larger implant.

Only good news is it doesn't hurt when it spins. Tough to explain though.

Dave
SirAndy
thanks, i'm getting 5 implants in january ...

hope they get them torqued right!
icon8.gif Andy
SLITS
Yeeeeeeeech - anyway - can't afford them - torqued or not
Howard
My guy had never used that kind of torque wrench before and had it set on max first one. He twisted until my head turned, but implant held. Then he got out the manual and we read it together. 30 NC ain't much. How long were were they in before you put in the posts? My guy advised me to wait at least 6 months, so I did.

BTW, how much does this procedure cost now. I paid a bundle for these 3 and need 3 more.
Jenny
Sorry to hear about that Dave. Poor guy, plus it sucks for you. Have you worked with this surgeon before? He sounds kind of blasé about it.

Jen
drgchapman
Major bummer, easier to explain to an aluminum head as opposed to a bleeding one. I feel for you. Had a surgeon said he bonded a bracket to an impacted canine, I drug the chain and bracket throught the bone for 3 months before the whole affair pulled through with no tooth attached. Major BUMMER. That is why we call it a practice, not perfect!!! Thats why we mess around with the fun stuff like 914's, helps to move on and go to the next day. Try a bigger implant if it will fit beween the roots of the adjacent teeth, if not there is always the old stand-by bridge. Good luck. Gary
mightyohm
That makes me barf.gif just thinking about it.

Eww.....
DNHunt
Actually the guy never felt a thing. It didn't hold long enough to move his head. It was just an implant that failed. One of about 6% in this area. Still I feel pretty bad about it.

I'm not sure what he will do. I'd probably try a larger diameter implant. This the first one Ive been involved with that hasn't worked out. I'd grown to expect success.

I'm much better with implants than exhaust studs.

Dave
Bleyseng
You mean you have to go from a "C" cup to a "D" cup for the implant? Didn't know they had to torque those puppies down..

Geoff lol2.gif
TheCabinetmaker
Hmm, I like my dentures better everyday laugh.gif
aircooledboy
I spun an implant once. Then she slapped the crap out me, and told me to cut it out. w00t.gif

Wait, that's not what you guys are talking about, is it? unsure.gif

happy11.gif chairfall.gif laugh.gif lol2.gif beerchug.gif
Pnambic
Whatever you do, don't let Bruce (GWN7) torque 'em down?....freakin' 329 ft/lbs....HAHAHA laugh.gif
seanery
lol2.gif
dinomium
I am going strait upstairs and FLOSS TWICE!
ohmy.gif
skline
Just flossing doesnt fix everything, drinking soda will eat your teeth right out of your head. Taking Prilosec absorbs the calcium in your body making them easy targets for any kind of sugar or sugared beverages. Ignore your teeth, and they will go away. They used to teach you that in grade school, do they still? When was the last time you saw a commecial about smokey the bear, or the ones where they used to tell you to "Watch out for the other guy". Ohh, did I just age myself?
Mrs. K
ohmy.gif
OOPS!
I think you did! lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif

The problem is, most of us remember those
commercials too! (except Howard...He suffers from
CRS!) w00t.gif

Lisa wavey.gif
ClayPerrine
biggrin.gif I don't have to worry about that!! My dentist took an x-ray of a tooth that was bothering me, and he came back in and asked if he could take full x-rays of my uppper and lower jaws, at his expense. I agreed and he came back and said that they studied this in Dental school, but he had never seen one for real. Then he showed me the x-rays. I have a full second set of permenet teeth waiting to come in. biggrin.gif The part that sucks out of all this is that I a 41, and I am going to have to have my wisdom teeth pulled FOR THE SECOND TIME!!!

I still take care of my teeth. But when I mentioned this to my Dad, he told me my grandfather had the same thing. In WWII my GF got his front teeth knocked out during a training excersize, and a month later new ones came in. He had all his teeth when he died.
Sammy
Am I the only one who thinks the answer is JB weld?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.