Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wanted To Borrow - Enclosed 7 x 16 Trailer
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
tomeric914
I'd like to make it to VIR this year, but seeing that the event is November 2,3,4 I can almost guarantee that there will be snow and salt for at least part of the drive.

I could buy a trailer, but can't justify it sitting for 362 days out of the year.

Does anyone have or know of a location that rents ENCLOSED auto transport trailers?

bye1.gif
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

My experience has been the Big Trailer Sales places have a rental program.

Big in sales ,not size.

Dave slap.gif
tomeric914
QUOTE(BarberDave @ Sep 7 2012, 05:37 PM) *

My experience has been the Big Trailer Sales places have a rental program.

I'll give that a try. Thanks Dave!
euro911
I'm still outfitting a 7x16 v-nose, but I'm also out here on the west coast. Sorry sad.gif

Click to view attachment
porsha916
I have been considering buying an enclosed car trailer, but have not found one at the right price. What would be willing to pay for the use of a trailer for your trip? What do you have for a tow vehicle? Maybe we can make a deal!
Take Care
Bill
tomeric914
QUOTE(porsha916 @ Sep 8 2012, 10:58 AM) *

I have been considering buying an enclosed car trailer, but have not found one at the right price. What would be willing to pay for the use of a trailer for your trip? What do you have for a tow vehicle? Maybe we can make a deal!
Take Care
Bill

I found a few places, in northern PA that rent enclosed 7x16 trailers by the week for $210. Tow vehicle is an FJ Cruiser (5000lb tow) which has towed the 914 on a gawdaful heavy U-haul trailer.
Thestigz06
914s fit into the back of uhaul trucks....just saying. biggrin.gif
euro911
QUOTE(Thestigz06 @ Sep 8 2012, 10:14 AM) *
I thought about buying a box van instead of a trailer, then you're not stuck driving at 55 (in CA). I really don't plan to do a lot of hauling, so I opted for a trailer. idea.gif
tomeric914
QUOTE(euro911 @ Sep 8 2012, 01:30 PM) *

QUOTE(Thestigz06 @ Sep 8 2012, 10:14 AM) *
I thought about buying a box van instead of a trailer, then you're not stuck driving at 55 (in CA). I really don't plan to do a lot of hauling, so I opted for a trailer. idea.gif

Years ago, I started cutting a rusty mid 70's Bus up with intentions of stretching it and putting a flat bed on it. Just ran out of time and need to do it and ended up recycling the project.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.