Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Source for 21mm cloth covered vacuum line?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
echocanyons
I am in search of about 4-5 inches of 21mm braided cloth covered vacuum line for to connect the oil fill vent to the egr tube circuit.

I could go with the rubber uncovered stuff but prefer the braided stuff. anyone have a source or some extra that they would like to part with?
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(echocanyons @ Sep 7 2012, 05:18 PM) *

I am in search of about 4-5 inches of 21mm braided cloth covered vacuum line for to connect the oil fill vent to the egr tube circuit.

I could go with the rubber uncovered stuff but prefer the braided stuff. anyone have a source or some extra that they would like to part with?

Wanna clarify that statement. "Oil fill vent" to "EGR tube circuit". My aged and enfeebled brain can't visualize what you're saying. IOW, it makes no sense. Why would you want unfiltered oil fumes in the EGR?

The Cap'n
BIGKAT_83
I'll check the size but I'm pretty sure I have about 50 feet of it. How much do you need?

Bob
echocanyons
Wanna clarify that statement

This may be more accurate :
The vaccum system that eventually leads to the vacuum side of the EGR valve from the oil filler tube on a 75-76 1.8 l-jet.

Picture also added.

BigKat, I need about four inches for this but it may be nice to have a bit more in case I should need it, could you help with with a foot?

echocanyons
I was going off of the Klager diagram, that mentions 22 on the picture and 21 in the text, after measuring it it looks to be about 14mm.

Can anyone confirm?

IPB Image
Cap'n Krusty
OK, I see what you mean. It goes into the intake air boot along with the EGR gasses, AFTER the EGR valve. It's probably 20-22mm, and I don't recall ever seeing any hose like that on the aftermarket.

The Cap'n
McMark
I can get 14mm or 15mm braided hose.

I can get 22mm braided hose, but it's only sold by the meter and it's $50/meter. yikes.gif

I'll look through my box-o-hose and see if I have something left over.
echocanyons
OK, so I measured it again an the ID is about 21mm with OD about 22mm.

I'm not sure how I came up with 14mm the first time blink.gif .

Thanks Mark any help would be great. It looks like the folks atsierra madre collection sell the 22mm for about the same price, jeez that stuff is spendy. I really only need 4.5 inches of the stuff.

Anyone use the sierra madre group? I have never heard of them before.
Valy
I used 3/4" hose.
wrightee
QUOTE(echocanyons @ Sep 7 2012, 08:58 PM) *

Wanna clarify that statement

This may be more accurate :
The vaccum system that eventually leads to the vacuum side of the EGR valve from the oil filler tube on a 75-76 1.8 l-jet.

Picture also added.

BigKat, I need about four inches for this but it may be nice to have a bit more in case I should need it, could you help with with a foot?

Mine is all hose (which also needs replacement)- no metal tube...then again, I don't have an EGR valve or the second vacuum attachment on the plenum. It's an east coast '75 1.8L L-Jet, so maybe without the extra California emissions stuff?
McMark
Got your 22mm hose with a couple of hose clamps. Should work great. It's a piece of AN-16 black nylon braided. Not technically correct, but has the size and look that you're going for. I'll drop it in the mail this week.
echocanyons
That is excellent Mark, I owe you one!
Eric_Shea
NewcoProducts.com for future reference.
echocanyons
Mark the hose opisa perfect match/fit. Thanks again.

That is a really cool site Eric definitely worth a bookmark.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.