Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Your other aircooled toys?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
StratPlayer
One other air cooled toy:

85 FXEF Super Glide 1340 EVO. Bought it brand new,, 41K on it now, chain drive, RK O Ring chain, 4 speed, bad to the bone, Hi Perf Carb, exhaust, cam. Been a sweet ride for me for a long time.
StratPlayer
another
StratPlayer
Last one
Dave Cawdrey
Keone's air-cooled toy...
Mark Henry
The wifes 72 Super beetle.
In the 5 years she's been driving it, I've got about $1500 into it and that counts what I paid for it.
campbellcj
I had one of those little "GoPed" scooters for a couple weeks. I sold it when I realized that an olphart like me was very likely to crack his head wide open on such a contraption. It was a loud little bugger too.
Aaron Cox
i have a GOPED!!!!! too!

fun stuff....old farts arent allowed on them tho!

(i got a ticket for riding on the sidewalk) ar15.gif DONUT MUNCHING FUZZ
Mark Henry
My 67 bug, I'm re-painting and selling it soon. I'm building a new Empi GTV bug to replace it.
Mark Henry
My 2 liter type 1 bug engine, Gene Berg crank, Clyde's heads, webers, about 125 hp
Mark Henry
One of the (not quite) local fire dept. hovercraft, was type 4 powered, but at 1600lbs empty, it was to heavy and kept blowing engines. I wanted to put a 911 engine in it (or a Continental) but they wouldn't go for it.

Whole history (all bad) got a former Ontario premiere (like state governor) Bob Rae stuck in the middle of a swamp (blown engine #3), needed a helicopter rescue. The company went bankrupt and so on and so on. I think it sits behind the fire hall, dead, under a tarp.
StratPlayer
Wow,, man that would be fun, put a power plant in there sufficent enough to rock the boat,, see me now on lake mead or lake powell with that puppy, that would be a lotta fun.
MarkV
Air cooled? cool_shades.gif The 914, and then there are these:
StratPlayer
Whats the top speed of those, I would really like to see one of those go..... confused24.gif
MarkV
They are 2-stroke does that count? I think they smoke less than the rebuilt 2-liter in the 914.

I also have a Honda air-cooled lawn mower. I had to stop myself from posting a picture of a Honda here. :finger2: :finger2: :finger2:
StratPlayer
Short Poll:

How many members have pics of their weed eaters and hedge trimmers and of course don't forget your lawn mower,, I must be missing out on something here. LOL laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
MarkV
Sorry, everything else around here has a radiator. I know, I know, what's a radiator? confused24.gif
anthony
1969 Honda 90
Briggs and Straton powered rototiller
Black and Decker electric mower (doesn't need much cooling though)
several model airplane engines
914Timo
Mark Henry, very nice Bug !!

Grrr... I dont have any pics about my Bugs here in my work computer. I have to send them later.

I used to own Jupiter Gray ´63 Standard Bug. It was rusted and in very poor condition when I bought it at the beginning of 1990s. I installed VW original sunroof from parts car, lowered it, build 1776ccm engine and painted it. I had 4,5 and 6 inch wide Fuchs in it. Then I sold it 1997 and bought my 914.

My first car was ´51 Bug. I still own it. It is now under very long term restoration. I saved the engine and the wheels from the ´63 Standard Bug when I sold it. They will be installed in my Split.
East coaster
How 'bout this? It's air cooled and is even vw type-1 powered. It runs a 2180cc v-dub motor w/dual ignition and is a blast to fly!
MJHanna
One of the others
MJHanna
or this one
MJHanna
or this one
seanery
Gone, but not forgotten.

IPB Image
MJHanna
other air cooled toy
L8Apex
IPB Image

Uh.... yeah......
stock93
This is my rail buggy that I built. I'm running a 2.0L type IV from a bus.
Hawk
Does this red haired babe count? She's being lowered today and corner balanced.
914Timo
L8Apex, that was funny foto.

This is my ex-´63 Standard Bug.
914Timo
Sometimes I still miss it...... wacko.gif

BTW, the bumpers are FG and I made them.
StratPlayer
Great pictures, MJ you just don't have enuf toys,, you need to get some more.
L8Apex
yeah, I saw those things on TV racing the other day.
Jeffs9146
The best air-cooled thing I can think of!?

Jeff
Jeffs9146
My least favorite!

Jeff
914werke
Ok so Ill chime in ... Here's one. Got a race next weekend.
Jeffs9146
I bet afer driving that air cooled machine you wish you had one of my air cooled tubs...huh!!

Jeff
street legal go-kart
does the 22 foot catalina sailboat count as air cooled mueba.gif
i think we need a sailing banana
jt
street legal go-kart
my brother the welder has a bar stool that has an air cooled 5 horse
let be see if i can get him to post a picture
jt
bander
This is my HOP ROD, Gas Powered Pogo Stick. Its air cooled too. boldblue.gif

It has a piston in it and runs on a 2 cycle operation, just that the cylinder goes up and down and the piston stays stationary(unless your up in the air)

I don't know this random freak. I had it out at Burning Man in 2001.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.