Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Targa Top Wanted WTB
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
jersey914
I am looking for a reconditioned Targa Top both inside and out. I would settle for someone that is capable of doing the repairs for me. Currently the one I have is in desperate need of repair. The outside is not bad at all but the inside has dry rotted along the Vinyl covered front and has ripped open. I can provide pictures if needed.
euro911
... "the inside has dry rotted along the Vinyl covered front and has ripped open."

The targa tops are fiberglass with a woven fabric headliner. I've only ever seen one that had some sort of vinyl covering applied, and that was on the outside. Pix would good confused24.gif
TheCabinetmaker
I agree with Mark. No vinyl on the targa top
Black22
Maybe he is talking about he bolster attached to the top? Above the visors?
jersey914
QUOTE(Black22 @ Sep 9 2012, 01:51 PM) *

Maybe he is talking about he bolster attached to the top? Above the visors?

Yes I am talking about the bolster......
euro911
What is this bolster thing you speak of confused24.gif

Click to view attachment

I guess I don't have one. Another part I have to obtain? dry.gif
jersey914
Here are two pictures of the damaged bolster I was talking about:
jersey914
QUOTE(euro911 @ Sep 9 2012, 11:58 AM) *

... "the inside has dry rotted along the Vinyl covered front and has ripped open."

The targa tops are fiberglass with a woven fabric headliner. I've only ever seen one that had some sort of vinyl covering applied, and that was on the outside. Pix would good confused24.gif

I have posted two pics Mark

Thx
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(jersey914 @ Sep 9 2012, 07:22 AM) *

I am looking for a reconditioned Targa Top both inside and out. I would settle for someone that is capable of doing the repairs for me. Currently the one I have is in desperate need of repair. The outside is not bad at all but the inside has dry rotted along the Vinyl covered front and has ripped open. I can provide pictures if needed.

Pm sent
914werke
QUOTE(euro911 @ Sep 9 2012, 11:40 AM) *
I guess I don't have one. Another part I have to obtain? dry.gif

Yup yours is absent idea.gif
Did you upholster the back section?
euro911
Yeah, Rich. Just had some left-over material ...

I'll have to check my wife's car ... I don't remember seeing a bolster.
Griffinroydonald
The rear area with the extra material makes the top look great with a much more finished look. The tops I have for my car both needed all the rubber replaced and 914 rubber worked with me to make sure I had the correct parts and could install them in the right place.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.