Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The unpopular teener gets some respect.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Toast
When I pulled up to the D & G swap meet, my teener with its bad paint job was smoking more than a grill and the engine lid was up. Got a few smirks from that.
It was not mentioned or talked about on the D & G thread after the swap meet.

But, I had several people (at least 5) come up to me and complement me on the "great 914 that I bought for $300." They would tell me their stories of how much they paid for theirs and how much worse condition it was in when they bought it.

I just recieved word that a man named Ben called Slits tonight asking him if he was selling it because he was interested in buying it! "It is not mine to sell. It's Toast's." laugh.gif

D & G's swap meet was "Smokey's" very first drive on a street in 15 years! driving-girl.gif Although she was a smokin, she made it there and back! smilie_pokal.gif The first of many miles to come.....
skline
Hey Toast, you got a great deal on that car and dont let anybody fool you, they are all jealous at what you got for what you paid, The wheels alone are worth what you paid for the car. That car could easily be made to be a very nice ride. You are very lucky. I am jealous, I have had mine for almost 2 years and never even drove it yet. I wish I had not sold my yellow one last spring, it left me without a teener to drive. You did good.
swood
Hey Toasty One.

Youve put 10x more miles on yours than I've on mine.

Cheers to you!!

and smokey!

Stevo beerchug.gif
Joseph Mills
Toast,

Here's to Smokey! beer.gif

R E S P E C T

gotta have some. biggrin.gif
Toast
Thanks Scott!
Actually, it came with steel wheels. And two of them were so rusted, that I was not able to get tires back on them, no matter what I tried. headbang.gif

But, I DO HAVE A WORKING CLOCK!! lol2.gif

Thanks Everyone! beerchug.gif
VegasRacer
You go girl. smilie_pokal.gif
Any teener you can drive is better than one on jack stands.
If there were scoffers it is only 'cause they were jealous.

Happy Motoring driving-girl.gif
Joe Bob
Fuck em...it runs, it's a classic and it's your baby. Defend it with honor....need a loaner gun....call me... pissoff.gif
skline
QUOTE(mikez @ Oct 26 2004, 09:54 PM)
Fuck em...it runs, it's a classic and it's your baby. Defend it with honor....need a loaner gun....call me... pissoff.gif

I knew it would just be a matter of time before you showed the exploding head avatar after having the one of you holding the gun to your head. They kind of go hand in hand. Missed you out there Mike. I thought you were moving your mom or something and was going to at least drop by for a bit.
rick 918-S
Great news about Smokey! Glad to here it! Keep it alive!
Joe Bob
QUOTE(skline @ Oct 26 2004, 08:56 PM)
QUOTE(mikez @ Oct 26 2004, 09:54 PM)
Fuck em...it runs, it's a classic and it's your baby.  Defend it with honor....need a loaner gun....call me... pissoff.gif

I knew it would just be a matter of time before you showed the exploding head avatar after having the one of you holding the gun to your head. They kind of go hand in hand. Missed you out there Mike. I thought you were moving your mom or something and was going to at least drop by for a bit.

Yeah....rain and doctors screwed me....gonna do the Grandma/mom run on friday. Gonna do a high speed gamble with the blown dodge and see what my top speed is.....missed all ya weasels....get ya next time.
SpecialK
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Oct 26 2004, 08:51 PM)
You go girl. smilie_pokal.gif
Any teener you can drive is better than one on jack stands.
If there were scoffers it is only 'cause they were jealous.

Happy Motoring driving-girl.gif

agree.gif

I'd kill (well, maybe just bitch-slap) for a running teener! And you got it for $300 ohmy.gif That's some serious sweet talkin'! I gotta see some pics of "Smokey" before you give it the makeover.
Rusty
300 dollars for a 914 is a smoking deal! I was green with envy when you pulled that one off. smile.gif

Congrats for getting it on the road again! biggrin.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif
ClayPerrine
Rusty's sig... Edited....

1970 914/6 2.0 - Metallic Cobalt Blue #2317
1974 2.0 Limited Edition (Bumblebee)
1998 Wrangler TJ (914x4)

IPB Image

OK.. so I am bored.... give me a break!
sanman
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
curtis
QUOTE(joseph222 @ Oct 26 2004, 08:50 PM)
Toast,

Here's to Smokey! beer.gif

R E S P E C T

gotta have some. biggrin.gif

I have to most defenitly agree!!!! aktion035.gif beerchug.gif
a914luvr
OK, first of all, I'm going to take credit for finding that car for Toast; your welcome biggrin.gif And thank you for bring the car to D&G and for helping out. Secondly, much credit needs to go to SLITS for getting the car home and most importantly, RUNNING! Ya, ya, I'm just jealous for not buying the car myself. headbang.gif
SLITS
Ask and you shall receive......quickly taken......'Ol Smokey!
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

And for good measure a 2.5 L for AutoX (maybe) (eat your heart out Aaron)

IPB Image
sanman
I would pay 300+ for it smoking or not. paid more for mine condition unknown! Look good to me. sell the engine for 300 as a core and you got a free PORSCHE wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.