Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rallye Porsche Mariemont on Oct. 6th-7th!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Nürburg Nomad
IPB Image

Hey fellow Teener's!

Who's up for joining an awesome fall showing of Porsche's against an especially Germanic back-drop in the center of a village in Southern Ohio that's also a National Historic Landmark?

I'm already registered and though I have no connection to the show or charity for which the proceeds will benefit, I would love to see a properly large number of 914's representing our community! Who's with me!? I'm planning to have a number of projects completed by the driving Rallye on Friday the 6th and the show on October 7th, including the installation of my 914 World decal! (If that counts as a project?)

Registration is only $25 and the proceeds go to benefit charity, there is no concours judging so that's just as well if you're like me and really DRIVE your 914! I was told most registrants have mailed in their registration but there is no additional cost to do it online via the event website at http://www.rallyeporschemariemont.com/ followed by joining http://www.clubregistration.net if you aren't already a member, and searching/registering for the event from there. I've even bought one of the Monaco Grand Prix style prints of the event artwork below!

If we can get enough 914s to register and come out for the driving tour on Friday from 3-6pm perhaps we can have a post-drive 914 cruise-in/hang out afterwards?

IPB Image

http://www.rallyeporschemariemont.com/

"Join the community of Mariemont in welcoming Porsche enthusiasts, fans, friends and family to this inaugural RPM event. The Cincinnati community is excited to host this event that is expected to draw the largest collection of Porsches in nearly 20 years! Meet new PCA members, vendors, suppliers, and people that are interested to learn about your Porsche and the Porsche marque."

A few photos of the village within Cincinnati:
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
Nürburg Nomad
Who's up for a drive to Ohio?! Porsches are filling up the registration list quickly. biggrin.gif
Nürburg Nomad
BUMP! Let's aim for a showing of 914s like was had at Tangerine Racing on the east coast this past weekend! biggrin.gif

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?s=&...t&p=1739744
rnellums
Looks awesome! I know I was planning on hitting up the VW/Porsche reunion in Cincy Sept. 30th, Might make this, but it will interfere with my tentative trip to MUSR
Nürburg Nomad
QUOTE(rnellums @ Sep 17 2012, 01:19 PM) *

Looks awesome! I know I was planning on hitting up the VW/Porsche reunion in Cincy Sept. 30th, Might make this, but it will interfere with my tentative trip to MUSR

Yes! Perhaps more awesome than the (31st Annual?) VW/Porsche Reunion at G.E. Park... if that is even possible!? blink.gif Info >>> http://cincyvwclub.com/Reunion.aspx I've gone the last 3 years, twice with VWs but my 914 only made an appearance in 2010! If you're already in the area and able make sure to visit the open house at Metalkraft Coachwerks the afternoon before the show, it's certainly worthwhile & there's always some tasty food provided!

20+ 914's at RPM (Rallye Porsche Mariemont) would be a great showing for this area... I'll have Bahia Red represented!
Nürburg Nomad
BUMP! Checkout the registration roster... it's filling up quickly! smile.gif
Nürburg Nomad
Just over 2 weeks to go! Excellent way to spend 1-2 days of the extended Columbus Day weekend!
bigkensteele
I'm in. Just registered, but I won't be there at 7. Who in the hell gets up at 7 on a weekend day?
Nürburg Nomad
QUOTE(bigkensteele @ Sep 22 2012, 11:48 PM) *

I'm in. Just registered, but I won't be there at 7. Who in the hell gets up at 7 on a weekend day?

Ha, I was thinking the same thing... though perhaps it's a car show person thing?! I usually roll into muscle car shows (sans 914) at 9 or 10am and everyone else looks like they've been there for HOURS!

Though in this instance I think I'll be guilty of waking up at 6am and trying to be there at 7... yellowsleep[1].gif Fortunately I should be able to get my passenger to wake me up before dawn!

Who else is in? A $25 donation registers your 914 for the madness! Though remember it's free to attend otherwise if your 914 isn't up to it, or you want to bring family and friends out to school them on the history of Porsche. shades.gif
Nürburg Nomad
RPM is only a few days away!!! 107 Porsches are currently registered online alone... who's up for a Porsche weekend in Ohio?! The VW-Porsche reunion saw 14 914's come out, 3/4 of whom were World members, is it possible that we could top that at Rallye Porsche Mariemont?! biggrin.gif
Nürburg Nomad
If ever you needed motivation to attend a Porsche event in the region, perhaps some of the photos from last weekends mixed VW/Porsche event will sway you... including my newly uploaded photos!

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=195337
Nürburg Nomad
Last call! The free driving Rallye is later today and the show is tomorrow, allegedly there will be 200 Porsches in total as of last count, who else is going to make an appearance with their 914?
Brent986
QUOTE(Nürburg Nomad @ Oct 6 2012, 07:08 AM) *

Last call! The free driving Rallye is later today and the show is tomorrow, allegedly there will be 200 Porsches in total as of last count, who else is going to make an appearance with their 914?

2 limited edition models will be there!
Nürburg Nomad
QUOTE(Brent986 @ Oct 6 2012, 07:02 PM) *

QUOTE(Nürburg Nomad @ Oct 6 2012, 07:08 AM) *

2 limited edition models will be there!

Awesome! Does that mean you're bringing a Creamsicle too?

Thanks again for the offer for a ride earlier today... my 2.0 decided it preferred 3 spark plugs over 4, took some good photos while it was parked and got it running again shortly thereafter!

The road selection down to the halfway point was GREAT. Despite all the bends I could still spot your yellow and black LE when it was 3 cars back in the turns!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.