Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Road Atlanta (Sept. 14-16) Who's going?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
matt5596
Anybody going?

This is where my 914 addiction started 25 years ago. This is my first time as a 914 owner piratenanner.gif (unfortunately, she's in no condition to make the trip.....this year).
Bullethead
Sadly, gotta skip this year... Klubsport didn't have enough cars on the transporter which jacked costs up. Have fun! driving.gif
rpg5553
I will be heading over Saturday. Live about five miles from the track so will be taking the Healey over. Look for a 63 Healey BJ7 black with silver cove. piratenanner.gif
Usually park over by the bridge so look me up (old guy) sitting in a red lawn chair. yellowsleep[1].gif

May take the teener up in the mountains Friday driving.gif

Ronnie G
maf914
I plan to be there on Saturday, driving my silver Nissan Frontier pickup. I usually park under the trees in the infield at the first four way intersection (adjacent to the concession area) then start walking down to the paddocks. Then I usually move to the rear skid pad area and watch from the fence at turns 6 and 7.

I can't help but wonder what the future holds for Road Atlanta now that it has been sold to NASCAR/ISC/Grand Am in the Grand Am/ALMS merger. The acquisition by Panoz in the late 90's resulted in what I thought were relatively good improvements as they tried to improve facilities and events, but I admit I am uneasy about the new owner. idea.gif
matt5596
What great weather! I hate that I never met up with any other World members hissyfit.gif

Here's a couple of my favorites from the weekend with my 6 year old son (his second trip to Road Atlanta and his first time camping in the infield).

My son Ryan was speechless when she asked him if he'd like to check out the main flag stand (during track touring) w00t.gif
IPB Image

This little beauty passed by while we were atop the flag stand.
IPB Image

IPB Image

You can image my son's reaction when he sees his name on the back of a 914 race car! cheer.gif
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.