Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Autometer oil temp gauge question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
L8Apex
For some reason, my electric autometer oil temp gauge reads 300+ when turn the key into the start position (on). Is this because of a short or something? I'm kinda stumped and lazy at the same time.
Tony C
Terrance, Most of the problems like this stem from the sending unit not being grounded properly. Make sure that you have gounded the actual sender (not the signal wire) body, and this should take care of the problem.

-Tony C
Brad Roberts
Did he actually use a Autometer sending unit ?? His 2.0 engine came stock with a oil temp sender... you cant use it with the Autometer gauge.

B
Tony C
B, Thats a damn good question, if he didn't then that is the problem. The resistance is not the same as the VDO units.

-Tony
Brad Roberts
Oh wait... we know Terrance.. he didnt use a Autometer sending unit. LOL

B
L8Apex
Hey now. I know I'm known to blow things up, but this hasn't blown.... yet.

I have this gauge with the sender that came with it.

http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?...h&part=atm-4441

Maybe double check ground? The backlight on the gauge works fine. I'll double check it.
Brad Roberts
Yeah.. check your ground.

The gauge should have its own ground..

B
Zeke
Aren't the threads different on the AM sending unit? How did you mount it and where?
Tony C
QUOTE(Zeke @ May 14 2003, 06:32 AM)
Aren't the threads different on the AM sending unit? How did you mount it and where?

Hmm since it's Terrance....

smash.gif smash.gif smash.gif smash.gif smash.gif smash.gif

-Tony tongue.gif
L8Apex
Tony, that's messed up. Get it right....

smash.gif smash.gif

I only smashed it twice.

I mounted it where the stock sender location is. taco plate? is that what they call it? I forget... Autometer has an adapter kit and you just thread it on.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.