Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any use for badly cracked dash?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
scrz914
I have this badly cracked dash that I took from my car. Can this be used as a base for a recover job or is it history? I did harvest one plastic stud from it. I hate throwing away parts that aren't mftrd anymore but this one might beyond help.

914itis
It's fine if using a dashpad
scrz914
Yeh, I guess it would work as the structure for a dashcap or dashcarpet. But then everyone has one for that and I just want to get rid of this.
wingnut86
Morph was accepting cores to rebuild (visible stitches upon return). DrPhil on TheWorld here had one done, he can provide more detail. I think 914rubber is representing Morph's products now.

Also, there's a guy on an earlier thread that rebuilt his with 2 compunds and some elbow grease. It actually looked passable at 3 feet. Concurs aside, it is a way to restore one as long as you don't mind the work.

Search dash restorations or restored dashes and see what you get...
mepstein
trash
reharvey
QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 12 2012, 08:50 AM) *

trash

agree.gif
Tom_T
PM Craig at CAMP914 & ask him if it's a useable core for their recovering service.
scotty b
QUOTE(reharvey @ Sep 12 2012, 05:06 AM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 12 2012, 08:50 AM) *

trash

agree.gif

agree.gif
scrz914
A Bay area member is going to use it as a stand in while his other dash is being beautified. Glad it could be used for something. Now I just have to get it to him. aktion035.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.