Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brakes!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Welby3
Took the teener out for a quick spin to the gas station down the block to put fresh gas in it since it had been sitting for the last few years...

(see back story on that here: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=193477&hl= )

And, aside from rekindling my love for the car, I confirmed my earlier suspicion that at least two of the calipers are seized up. probably 3.

So, Should I just rebuild them, go for a new caliper, upgrade? What are other people doing, etc. I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I'm the new kid in class, so any advice is cool.

It's a '73/1.7

biosurfer1
Eric Shea->Install->Drive biggrin.gif

www.pmbperformance.com
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Sep 12 2012, 08:40 PM) *

www.pmbperformance.com

agree.gif

One stop shop...
mittelmotor
If you want a nice used set of front calipers, I've got a couple (I recently upgraded to 911 struts and brakes). $60 shipped to Chicago.

They are in perfect working order, no leaks, etc. Comes with used pads, pins, clips, etc., but no hard lines.

PM me if you're interested.
gothspeed
Try bleeding them to make sure the rubber hoses still flow normally ....... if they are blocked, that would cause pad dragging on the rotors or 'pulling' ......... if you want to save money ... replace the rubber lines .... check the master cylinder for leaks .... bleed the whole system and if needed rebuild the calipers .......... popcorn[1].gif

If you want to upgrade further, there are a ton of things that you can do .... much of it depending on the budget ... smash.gif
Welby3
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Sep 12 2012, 10:40 PM) *

www.pmbperformance.com

Oh. Dear. God. That link reminds me of the time I found out Harbour Freight was 4 blocks from my new house. Elation+deathly fear for my wallet...

I'll probably go with their "restored" calipers, but just for spits n sniggles, what are others running on their cars (pics if you got 'em)?

6freak
you don`t need anymore brake`s then you already have you just need them to work correctly....

smile.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.