Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GPR has a Major Announcement
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hwgunner
Jonathan Reiss and Brian Boss are pleased to announce some exciting developments at GPR. Brian’s newly formed entity, German Parts & Restoration LLC has acquired the name and assets of the existing GPR Parts. We both see this a positive step in extending, and expanding on, the 25-year history of GPR.

Don’t worry, the things you love about GPR; personal service, competitive pricing and great selection of OEM and aftermarket parts, will not change. Jonathan will be staying on in his role as sales manager. In fact, relieved of administrative drudgery, he will be able to serve you even better.

The changes that do occur will make a good thing better. The infusion of capital and additional manpower will allow us to make some major improvement to the gprparts.com website, expand the product selection and generally improve the customer experience. Expect more announcements in the near future as these plans come to fruition.

If you have any comments, suggestions or just want to say “Hi”, you can reach Jonathan at sales@gprparts.com / 800-321-5432 or Brian at brian@gprparts.com .

Brian & Jonathan @ GPR
Brian_Boss
A little bit about me:
You probably don’t recognize my name but I have been around the car hobby and GPR for a long time. I bought my first Porsche (’75 914) in 1992. A need for parts is how I began my association with GPR and Dave Sheppard, first as a customer and then as a friend. Though we never met face to face, Dave and I got to know one another well over the years via telephone. Whenever I called to order parts, we would end up BS’ing about cars, bikes and exes until he got another call.

Though I never have posted a lot, I was on the “porschelist” email list back in the day, then Rennlist and finally migrated to the 914club and 914world forums. I have been a DYI mechanic since I was 15 and an entrepreneur off and on for 12 years, including ventures in British motorcycles and racing karts. I can’t describe how excited I am to be involved in GPR. Someone once said “do what you love and you’ll never work a day in your life”. That’s how I view this new opportunity.
Cheers,
Brian
Bartlett 914
QUOTE(Brian_Boss @ Sep 14 2012, 01:03 PM) *

A little bit about me:
You probably don’t recognize my name but I have been around the car hobby and GPR for a long time. I bought my first Porsche (’75 914) in 1992. A need for parts is how I began my association with GPR and Dave Sheppard, first as a customer and then as a friend. Though we never met face to face, Dave and I got to know one another well over the years via telephone. Whenever I called to order parts, we would end up BS’ing about cars, bikes and exes until he got another call.

Though I never have posted a lot, I was on the “porschelist” email list back in the day, then Rennlist and finally migrated to the 914club and 914world forums. I have been a DYI mechanic since I was 15 and an entrepreneur off and on for 12 years, including ventures in British motorcycles and racing karts. I can’t describe how excited I am to be involved in GPR. Someone once said “do what you love and you’ll never work a day in your life”. That’s how I view this new opportunity.
Cheers,
Brian

Best of luck to the both of you

Past present and future customer
Jgilliam914
Damn!! I was hoping a 50% off sale was in progress!! av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif

best of luck to all of you!
SirAndy
QUOTE(Bartlett 914 @ Sep 14 2012, 02:05 PM) *
Best of luck to the both of you
Past present and future customer

agree.gif

Plus, i'm all out of GPR t-shirts, sounds like a perfect excuse for another run of those ...
biggrin.gif
pt_700
good to see a valued vendor not only staying around but, making improvements! welcome brian.

a clutch kit i bought many years ago and installed myself is still serving me well! i'd say i'm looking forward to more such purchases but, don't want to jinx the ol' girl...
Eric_Shea
Good luck gents. Looking forward to working with you.
Cap'n Krusty
It's good to still be able to look across the street and be reminded how good looking I am, relatively speaking ................................
Glad you're keeping things going, guys!

It's GOOD to be The Cap'n
Dr Evil
Glad to be a customer/supporter. smile.gif
jim_hoyland
Congrats ;a nice step forward. beerchug.gif
914Sixer
Great to hear !!!!! Parts from REAL PEOPLE.
Krieger
Very cool! Good luck to you guys.
FourBlades
Love my GPRBar. piratenanner.gif

Best of luck going forward!

John
campbellcj
Congrats and best of luck guys!
rick 918-S
Great news! beerchug.gif
bcheney
I am sure Dave would be happy to know you guys are keeping GPR rolling forward. All the best to you guys!
Series9
I, too, am out of GPR T-shirts.........smile.gif
hwgunner
I just wanted to say thanks to everyone that has posted here, to all the people who have supported GPR over the years and to all of you guys that have supported me specifically. I am really looking forward to working for and with Brian. I really think we are going to make a great team and look forward to taking GPR to the next level and beyond. piratenanner.gif
Brian_Boss
Maybe we should quit trying to sell parts and focus on the T-shirt business. smile.gif

But seriously, I want to echo Jonathan's appreciation for the kind words and encouragement.
markb
I'm glad to hear GPR is going to continue. Jonathan, and Dave before him, have put a lot into the business, and I'm pleased the legacy will go on.
EdwardBlume
aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.