Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Excellence TIV article!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jake Raby
The article is getting read as we speak by thousands of Porsche-philes all over the country!

We have been receiving phone calls all day with mucho kudos involved from people we don't even know that have read the article!

If you are nota subscriber, it'll be on the stands very soon you gotta go get one and support those who have finally gave our engine the respect it deserves!

Lets all tell Pete how bad we want to see a 2270 build up bless the pages of his fine Magazine! I have the time and the writer is just up the road!

Thanks again pete- You are definately helping the 914 community!
mike_the_man
Is this in Excellence? If so, I look forward to getting the new issue.
seanery
Yup, in Excellence.
Mentions Charles from LN as well...I believe Charles has a quote or two, too.
Lou W
Got mine yesterday, 914-4 & 914-6 both made the top Ten Porsches ever made smilie_pokal.gif
Jake Raby
Yep! Thats why we need them to stay on the road!

Articles like this gets the 914 back in the spotlight and then people remember just how well they drive and want one...

Thats why the values are going up!
Hi_Fi_Guy
Hmm, didn't receive my issue yet but I can't wait. Great to see the 914 and the BIG TYPE IVs receiving the press they deserve.
Root_Werks
Hmm, sounds like a trip to the local book store is in order. Cool, can't wait to read about it! smilie_pokal.gif
TimT
Congrats Jake, great article

besides Jake, Racer Chris got mention for his headers, Charles Navarro got mention for the Nickies, and the guy that does Jakes heads Len hoffman,

great press for the 914 ppl.
Jake Raby
Yep, Everyone in the "Ring of aircooled Precision Performance" got a good mention in the article!

I hear that they want to do even more Type IV and 914 articles! Yell and scream at Pete and maybe he will!
guywan914
smilie_pokal.gif Congrats Jake,Len Hoffman, Chris Foley, and eveyone involved in the article. Type VI'S are getting the recognition they deserve. Keep up the great work. Got my Excellence today. beerchug.gif
qa1142
Nice read....

Now if jake can just get me a few pony's I'll be happy driving.gif
Jake Raby
Open the wallet and make the call.....

Power is not a problem- not at all.
type47
got my copy yesterday and read the article... very nice work. that article will probably redefine alot of owners plans for their engines.... i was impressed with the work on cooling of the engine and the statements that in stock, there was a 75 degree difference in head temps and that with the new cooling shroud, temps dropped from 350 to 230! so much for the plans for a stock rebuild.... <_<
Jake Raby
Thats why we are refining a DTM for the 914.....

The stock engine is the hottest running combination around for head temps!

I see 50 degrees of split between the cylinders all the time with stock cooling... 75 is not uncommon at all.
Brad Roberts
This will sound bad.... but Jake knows where this is coming from.

"Your welcome" clap56.gif

B
Jake Raby
I know exactly.....

Brad is the one that "convinced" Pete to do these 914 articles!

Thanks Brad!
Mueller
should we be buying stock in your company Jake??
Jake Raby
Nah...

I won't let it get anywhere near that big...

After 2005 I won't be doing more expansions here..

Gotta keep things simple......
wheelo
Congrats.... smilie_pokal.gif

Keep-up the great wrenching ....

I'm saving -up some $$$ for those ponies!

smoke.gif
TJB/914
A great big huge CONGRATULATIONS to EXCELLENCE for the type IV 914 motor article. Special thanks to Pete, Jake, Brad & all the others in the article who made it happen. Jim Pasha did a beautiful job describing the process.

What this means, we have to support EXCELLENCE and Pete for putting our 914's into the mainstream. The big money guys will now come on board & 914 respect will grow

Go get YOUR EXCELLENCE subscription to support our 914's. Maybe Qarl will get his finished & we can see it featured soon???

Can you feel the glow!!!!!

Tom
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.