Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Random act of kindness
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Part Pricer
Last night and today have been a royal pain. I was out late, late last night dealing with a system problem that one of my clients caused for themselves. It wasn't a totally horrendous evening since it was their fault and not mine and they were paying. But, it wasn't fun.

Today, I was dealing with a client that was being a total bitch. I think her husband dumped her and I took the brunt of her wrath. Again, not fun.

I just got home a short while ago. I was getting ready to sit down to start addressing some other issues when I heard a delivery truck pull up out front. Hmm...I thought. There is no way those parts that I ordered could be here already. It must be something that my wife ordered.

I went to the front door and met the mailman who was standing there with a Priority Mail package in his hand addressed to me. The return address was in Weston, FL. WTF???

I came inside opened the package and found this, along with a note from one of the other members here.

Totally unexpected and totally cool. Turned my day around. Thanks smilie_pokal.gif
Part Pricer
Another pic
SirAndy
mhmmmm, chocolate ...

chowtime.gif Andy
Rusty
Bite your tongue, Andy!

That's too beautiful to eat! chowtime.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif
3liter914-6
Looks rust free. PM me if you're going to part it out, I got dibs on the rockers...
Root_Werks
drooley.gif

Yeah, that would pretty much make my day as well.
opera guy
nice 5-lug conversion
Part Pricer
I was thinking about biting off the Fuchs and putting on some cookies. chowtime.gif
mharrison
Looks like you might have a bad wheel bearing in the back. Replacing that would probably be messy!!!!
spunone
Loos like a major oil leak biggrin.gif
SLITS
What year and code was "Coco"? Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmy drooley.gif
TonyAKAVW
No side markers! I bet its chocolate914 serial #11. Be careful, someone may have been trying to get it out of their hands.

I had a random act of kindness the other day too. I was sitting at a stoplight and a Jeep cherokee comes up behind me and turns off his headlights (which are at eye level in a 914) until I turned the corner and he turns them back on!!! Amazing. He must have been a sports car owner.

-Tony
phantom914
QUOTE(TonyAKAVW @ Oct 27 2004, 01:42 PM)
No side markers! I bet its chocolate914 serial #11. Be careful, someone may have been trying to get it out of their hands.

I had a random act of kindness the other day too. I was sitting at a stoplight and a Jeep cherokee comes up behind me and turns off his headlights (which are at eye level in a 914) until I turned the corner and he turns them back on!!! Amazing. He must have been a sports car owner.

-Tony

Nah. It wasn't a random act of kindness. Your rearview mirror was reflecting his headlights back into his eyes. And I'm not cynical. rolleyes.gif

Andrew
Jenny
So???? Give! Whose random act of kindness was it??

Jen
GTeener
Nummy chowtime.gif

Is it solid or hollow?
SpecialK
I think I have a good idea who it was......and he's a big fan of the Mackenzie Brothers (Strange Brew). idea.gif
SpecialK
Wait a minute...Weston, FL huh.gif Maybe I got it wrong.
rick 918-S
Sandy want to eat it! ohmy.gif Who sent it! Coool!
GTeener
QUOTE(Special_K @ Oct 27 2004, 05:19 PM)
Wait a minute...Weston, FL huh.gif   Maybe I got it wrong.

I had a guess too, I think the same person as you were guessing, but he's not in FL. His manufacturer could be though idea.gif Or someone else purchased it from the Ebay auction that was posted a while back.

But who cares! That present rocks! aktion035.gif
GWN7
Not me, but it does look great. smilie_pokal.gif

I'm begining to hate the smell of chocolate (if that can be possible). biggrin.gif
Mueller
I'm begining to hate the smell of chocolate (if that can be possible).

my mother-in-law works at Ghirardelli Chocolates, so I never run out of the stuff smile.gif

I went to visit her at work once right after they spilled a few hundred pounds of cocoa in the parking lot.....our car smelled soooooooo good for weeks and weeks...it was hard to get upset while sitting in traffic, just a few big breaths and you'd swear you had been in Willy Wonkas Chocholate Factory, LOL
GTeener
QUOTE(Mueller @ Oct 28 2004, 10:34 AM)
I'm begining to hate the smell of chocolate (if that can be possible).

my mother-in-law works at Ghirardelli Chocolates, so I never run out of the stuff smile.gif

Can I be your new best friend? biggrin.gif
Part Pricer
Well, today turned out to be worse than yesterday.

I was coming home from a speaking engagement. It is a beautiful day here. It's warm out, the sun is shining and the trees are still colorful. I guess that's what the idiot behind me was looking at.

I was sitting still in a line of traffic waiting to make a left turn. I looked up into my rear view mirror to see a truck barrelling down on my ass. I remember thinking, "That guy is going too fast to stop". Then, I heard his brakes lock up and then felt the impact. Wham! I now had a truck in my trunk.

I pulled over to the side of the road. The truck driver got out and said, "Damn, I couldn't stop." I said, "No shit Einstein!" The truck driver then said, "Can we just swap info, I've got deliveries to make?" I replied, "Go fuck yourself. Nobody is going anywhere until a police report is filled out."

I called the local police and eventually the officer arrived and completed the report. All told, it took about an hour from the time of impact until I could be on my way. The officer gave the truck driver a citation and clearly indicated that the truck driver was solely at fault.

Now, I've got a smashed car and the whole repair process and the truck company's insurance company to deal with. Oh joy!

I guess it's my time to deal with things for the sweet-tooth. Yesterday, I get chocolate. Today, I get rear-ended by a Ben & Jerry's delivery truck.
larryp
Paul, that's funny as hell. Well, no, but you know what I mean. I suppose you start eating at the rear then, and make them match.

Did you ever complete the repair to your D/S quarter panel? Hope not. Now you can have that thrown in with the rest. Can you find a good rear bumper? I have a brand new one that I am keeping for later use; you can have it if you replace it later.

Sorry man. Go getta beer, will you?

Oh, I saw Chris yesterday. I think he may be light right now ... once he gets some motor put back together.
Andyrew
So was this in the teener?

Sucks anyways.... I know I hate people comeing up behind me..

Andrew
skline
How is your neck feeling? If it is sore, maybe a new GT would make it feel better? I hope it wasnt in your teener. You will be eating Ben and Jerry's ice cream for the rest of your life. At least you are ok. Cars can be repaired, the human body sometimes cannot be. I was rear ended about 25 years ago and I still have problems from it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.