Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chrome trim - missing section above rear window
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
potomacmidget
Hi All,

I picked up my 71 a few years ago from a fellow member. Lucky for me a well sorted unmolested car so all I have really been doing is cleaning it up and replacing rubber or components that are broken.

I noticed that I am missing the chome strip that runs under the targa and above the rear window and touches the chrome sail trim. Any idea if the car came like that from the factory or perhaps the piece was harvested and put on another car. Would love to find a replacement if possible. Any advice appreciated.

thanks!
SLITS
If it's the bright work that attaches to the rear of the targa bar and goes between the sail panels, there should be plenty of them around.
Katmanken
Yup, I agree.

Lots of them around (used) as they seem to be made from stainless steel which is a lot harder than the soft aluminum pieces that run up the sides along the back of the roll bar.
etcmss
i have one or two
Gary
toolguy
It's another NLA part so you'll have to get a used one. . not stainless- it formed aluminum and old ones with pitts can be wet sanded and polished. . I tried to have mine re anodized but it didn't match the sail trim so I left it bare and hand polished. . no one has ever noticed any difference.
potomacmidget
Thanks Guys - I appreciate the help.

Reg
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.