Bleyseng
84 GTI
Blair_RacerBoy
driving.gif the new daily beater, sure beats a 78 ford f-250 MDB2.gif
Bleyseng
When is the turbo going on?
Geoff
ChrisReale
Sweet! I have wanted one of those for a while now, just to mash around in. There was a guy at the first AX driving one who was turning 54 seconds, and there was standing water and rain.
Tony C
Actually I have a few of the old Callaway turbo manifolds for the 8v VW cars.

-tony
Blair_RacerBoy
really? i just started reading into what you can do to these and heard a few people talking about callaway turbo kits. take some pics, then send me one! finger.gif
Dave Cawdrey
Oh no! Not another father and son team... tongue.gif

Geoff, got cash?
Tony C
Sure, I'll take pics and then send you one once I recieve your $200 check! I used to work at ND and ran their turbo dept and did R%D. You will never see another complete Callaway kit as they bought the rights to the kit and will not be reproducing the kit. Most customers would buy a manifold from ND and then build the kit themselves. A small Garret T3 turbo works very well.

-tony

Oh and don't flick-off the "elders" son we may nuke your ass fighting19.gif fighting19.gif fighting19.gif
tongue.gif
Bleyseng
So Tony this works with the stock Kjet FI? What other mods do you have to do? We can fab any pipe.
Geoff
SirAndy
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ May 13 2003, 09:54 PM)
So Tony this works with the stock Kjet FI? What other mods do you have to do? We can fab any pipe.
Geoff

only 3 more Geoff, do you have the champagne ready ????
Bleyseng
Nppe, I have a glass of gin ready.
GEoff
Brad Roberts
Elders... that coming from a 24Y.O

I cant imagine Blare is much younger ..LOL

B
SirAndy
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ May 13 2003, 09:57 PM)
Nppe, I have a glass of gin ready.
GEoff

one ....
Tony C
Geoff, yes and no. You will have to add a fifth injector with its own ecu controlling it. Greddy/HKS and other make additional injector controlers that vary the injectors pulse width via a map of RPM vs. Boost pressure. If you go over 8psi you will also need to add a timing retard device. MSD makes a nice cheap model. Also over 8-10psi you will need to intercool it. The cars work really well at 6-8psi non-intercooled. Just enough power added before clutch, motor mounts, trannys and other parts start breaking.

-Tony
Tony C
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ May 13 2003, 08:57 PM)

B

That's why it was in quotes.... ie a JOKE!

-tony
Bleyseng
Blair RacerBoy is 21 so alittle younger.
Geoff
Brad Roberts
Tony and Olav should hang out. Both of them lack real humor...

B
L8Apex
damn, I thought I was the youngest. (22).
Blair_RacerBoy
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ May 13 2003, 08:57 PM)

B

Blrad, its Blair not Blare get it right or pay the price ar15.gif
seanery
Damn, newbie with attitude!

Geoff he's yours?
kafermeister
One of my favorite previous cars was an old '84 GTi. wub.gif I sold it, missed it, and bought another one. I eventually had to clear the driveway so I ended up selling that one... <_< I've been kicking arround the idea of buying another one but I want to get my 914 going first. Great cars. Blast to drive.

Does yours have the original tranny? The code is on the bell housing on the underside of the car. Check my old webpage to get the gear ratios.

My old webpage

Rick
Bleyseng
We bled the brakes and adjusted the clutch last night. Man, the clutch petal is hard to push, is that the way its supposed to be? Kinda like a Hipo Chevy w/427 race clutch.

Tranny seems to be great and shifts good, the linkage is crap and the knob pops off in your hand when you shift...nice touch.
Its got some kind of aftermarket springs upfront too.
Geoff
Tony C
Geoff,

Check the clutch cable. A lot of times as they wear through the innear lining it will cause the clutch pedal to be stiffer.

-Tony
kafermeister
QUOTE(Tony C @ May 14 2003, 09:34 AM)
Check the clutch cable.

-Tony

Definately check the clutch cable. It shouldn't be that way. If it goes too long unchecked, you'll end up putting a pedal-cluster bracket in the car. It's a real PITA and not all Rabbits use the same bracket....although, I do have 1 extra left over from an '83 GTI. Free+shipping if anybody here wants it.
Bleyseng
We'll pick up a clutch cable and install tonight along with a ebrake cable.
Thanks guys.
I like the tranny table too.
Geoff
kafermeister
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ May 14 2003, 03:15 PM)
I like the tranny table too.

Thanks. The table was copied out of an old issue of VW&Porsche from the late '80s (dating myself).

Rick
Mike's2nd914
COOL, I had a '86, I think that was the year it was the MT import car of the year. I loved that car. Ran great, great mileage, lots of room. Mine was Black and I had BLACK window tint. When I got engaged back in '91, my fiance, now wife, had a real POS so I gave her my GTI and I drove the POS. She fell in love with the GTI also. Enjoy!! beerchug.gif
olav
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ May 13 2003, 09:38 PM)
Tony and Olav should hang out. Both of them lack real humor...

B

I resemble that.
Blair_RacerBoy
well, i geuss ill have to pick up a new clutch cable. I already scored a rear brake setup, off my friends a2 he crashed the front into a suburban. For a 100$ i dont think its a bad deal. this weekend is definitly time to work on the brakes. new pads and some stainless lines. beer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.