Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT A new Toyota!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mike_the_man
Hahaha, some people have no sense of humour!
balljoint
So that's why she no longer works at Hooters. idea.gif
Root_Werks
Yoda is cool, what's her problem? laugh.gif
sanman
That was wrong What if this was your girlfriend, mother, or sister. but still laugh.gif
ninefourteener
I love hooters chicks....... you gotta respect the intelligence that just flows out of that place--LOL

Looks like she was taking her work home with her..... did you check out her lip? What is that?? Herpes??

biggrin.gif
skline
Maybe its just me but, I thought you needed nice boobs to work at Hooters? I got bigger boobs than her.
mharrison
I heard a radio show where they did something similar. They waited for like the 100th caller to give away a hundred grand.
IPB Image
It was an audio clip and MAN WAS THE GUY PISSED. I can't find it now, but I'll keep looking.

Jeez, have a sense of humor. She got something over her pay for DOING HER JOB. They didn't require her to do anything other than her job.
Aaron Cox
thats funny! some one needs to slap some sense into her!
scruz914
She doesn't look the Hooters type. She does look pissed though. Wonder how long the beer selling contest went on? I'd be pissed if I worked my tail off for a week to win just to have a prank pulled on me. So now when a Hooters, or maybe just that Hooters, holds a contest the employees will just blow it off.

-Jeff
Jenny
I'd be pretty damn surprised if my company was giving away a free toyota as a "bonus" to working extra hard. Maybe a gift certificate for a massage(~$100), or even a free cruise(+$1,000). But definitely be suspicious of a free car (~$25,000).

Jen <--- work work extra hard for a free massage.
Mueller
Jen <--- work work extra hard for a free massage

work??? all you have to do is ask smile.gif wub.gif w00t.gif
Jenny
Thanks Mike! Can I redeem this at Saturday's breakfast??

Jen
GTeener
Dude!
Where'd you find this story? It is soooooo old.
Cap'n Krusty
KLOS in LA once had a contest where the prize was a black hoe ........................ The Cap'n
Jenny
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Oct 27 2004, 04:24 PM)
KLOS in LA once had a contest where the prize was a black hoe ........................ The Cap'n

lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif

Jen
airsix
I think it's sad. We don't know anything about this lady. Maybe she worked overtime spending time away from her kids for weeks/months to win a much-needed reliable car. Maybe she really poured her heart into her efforts to win the contest. My recolection is that the contest went on for months. Maybe she is hurting financially and really needed the car. The fact of the matter is that she was used. Her employer lied about an employment benefit. It's very common for employers to offer performance incentives, and they are expected to fulfil the promise. If it had been a one-day sales contest it would have been a joke, but to carry it on for weeks or months is cruel and fraudulent. I think they should make Hooters buy her a Toyota and let her kick her manager in the groin.

Funny how a few weeks ago there were a bunch of snide remarks on this board about my religion, and comments about a lack of respect for women. I'd say the general atmosphere in this thread has been less than respecful of the better gender (I'm 100% man, but I can't disagree when a woman says "Men are dogs.").

-Ben ///M.
bob91403
If I remember correctly, I think they ended up buying here a Toyota to avoid the lawsuit. Funny, the expression on her face makes her look like the doll.
anthony
I hope she wins. An employer should be punished if they treat an employee that way.
Root_Werks
Google baby - Hooters bought her a new car. Sounds like something was put in writting even. Duh, any employer should know you can't get away with stuff like that anymore. rolleyes.gif
BMartin914
Yoda is cool, what's her problem?

agree.gif

Yoda ROCKS! aktion035.gif
mharrison
Details:

New Toyota to replace toy Yoda

ASSOCIATED PRESS

PANAMA CITY - A former waitress has settled a lawsuit against Hooters, which she said promised to award her a new Toyota but instead gave her a toy Yoda.

David Noll, an attorney for Jodee Berry, said Wednesday that he could not immediately disclose the settlement's details. He did say that Berry can now go to a local car dealership and "pick out whatever type of Toyota she wants."

Berry, 27, won a beer sales contest last May at the Panama City Beach Hooters. She believed she had won a new Toyota car.

She was blindfolded and led to the restaurant parking lot, but when the blindfold was removed, she found she was the winner of a toy Yoda Star Wars doll.

Berry quit the restaurant a week later and filed a lawsuit in August against Gulf Coast Wings Inc., the corporate owner of the local Hooters. The lawsuit alleged breach of contract and fraudulent misrepresentation.

The restaurant's manager, Jared Blair, said the contest was an April Fools' joke.

This settlement is unusual in that Hooters did not ask for a sweeping confidentiality agreement, Noll said.

"I think that's a recognition of the fact that there's been such an amazing amount of attention focused on this case," he said. "There's not a whole lot of reason to try to hide its existence."
mike_the_man
I didn't mean to piss anybody off with this, I just thought it was funny as hell! Good for her for getting her new Toyota, she probably deserved it.
Joe Bob
Ummmmm.....

Where's the TITS?
GWN7
A local radio station here offered a trip to Miami to watch the Super Bowl a few years ago. Trip included "tickets" to watch the game, dinner and accomidations. 10 couples "won". Loaded them on a bus and drove them to Miami, Manitoba.

A few were pissed, but no one sued. beerchug.gif
balljoint
Same deal last summer on The Fan590 in Toronto. They had a contest to win a round of golf with "Tiger". Promo went on for a few weeks and then they announced the winner and called him up on air. He played his round of golf with Tiger Williams the former Toronto Maple Leaf. I am pretty sure he was just as happy to play golf with an ex-hockey player, and maybe not get his butt kicked as bad on the course.

Yup, no hooters.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.