Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: sti or busa?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dian
i have just bought a subaru wrx sti half cut. its even not delivered yet, but i am having second thoughts. i just dawned on me , that with a hayabusa turbo engine i would have a sequential gearbox and 100 more hp. maybe 25 gears, if keeping the 901? of course at much more $, as id have to build the engine.

any thoughts?
brp986s
Can a busa lug around a 2k lb car vs a 500 lb bike w/o shearing the crank? Do you really want to cruising around at 12k rpm?
matthepcat
Stick with what you have. Much higher HP potential with a turbo swap and tune.
Mike Bellis
The Hayabusa engine does not have enough torque to move the 2000 lb car efficiently. The STI motor will work much better.

Torque make you get moving fast not HP.
ottox914
The gearbox on the bike will grenade. Search the inter web for miatabusa. These nutcases were adapting a 'busa motor into a miata and were making a plate to connect the 'busa w/out gearbox to the miata trans.
dian
i have come accross quite a few conversions, where they put a busa into a light car. if the trans doesnt crack at 400 hp on the bike, would it in a car?

anyway, it would be an expensive project. do any late subarus have a sequential trans?
ottox914
Miatabusa: http://www.motoiq.com/magazine_articles/id...that-noise.aspx

I want them to make this work so I can attach that motor to my 901.
monkeyboy
Use one of these...

http://www.h1v8.com/page/page/1562068.htm
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(monkeyboy @ Sep 16 2012, 07:26 AM) *

I agree! agree.gif

But at $28k, most of us cannot afford it... sad.gif

Click to view attachment
Tom
At 400 hp on a bike, the rear wheel is breaking loose. Add 1500 pounds and another larger wheel and the torque will break the weakest link - the trans.
Age old dragster issue, fix one thing so it stands up to the increased torque and HP and the next weakest link shows it's ugly face! Fix that and then the next weakest link will be found.
Tom
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.