Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Is this a scam? Can't be real!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ninefourteener
After doing a regular search on e-bay (RSX stuff), I came across this particular seller..... selling some pretty incredible stuff, at some even more incredible prices.

I'm talking turbo/intercooler kits for $300...... Body kits for $50........ Laptops for $50...... etc.

This guy has 9 pages of items for sale....... yet his feedback is ZERO.

Anyone else find this a bit funny??
skline
PLEASE CONTACT US BEFORE BIDDING !!

Not sure what to think of it. This is in big letters at the top and bottom of his auctions.
ninefourteener
This link should help:

http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQgotopag...osortpropertyZ1
skline
Please do not bid if you are not on the preaproved biders list e-mail first.

And this on others from him.
ninefourteener
Is it possible to just create a bank account under a fake name..... create a fake e-bay account....... recieve payment for a bunch of non-existent items, and then just disappear??

Is that possible??
SirAndy
QUOTE(ninefourteener @ Oct 27 2004, 02:02 PM)
Is that possible??

yes ...
scruz914
His item locations are in different places, some just USA. His account was created today and his location is listed a Canada. Many different types of items listed. Sounds strange.

-Jeff
DBCooper
It's a scam. A few months ago I sent an e-mail to get onto someone's "approved bidders" list for a $500 Cobra replica. Beautiful car, five hundred bucks? I got back an e-mail saying he was a U.S. serviceman in Spain, had tried to import his Cobra over there, it had gotten stuck in Customs and if he didn't do something he was going to lose it. So he just wanted to sell it any way he could, $7500 would be fine and I didn't have to send it all now, but I could just wire him $2500 so his wife could pay her rent and wouldn't be thrown out of the apartment, blah, blah, blah.

Heck I still get letters like that from guys whose cousins are the Nigerian Miinisters of Gasoline trying to stash US$140 million overseas if I could only send them my bank account info. I'm not counting on the lotto, either. In fact it doesn't look like I'm destined to ever be rich unless I start working a whole lot harder.
Jenny
Maybe he was following a truck and things just started falling off the back?? w00t.gif

Jen
bob91403
How can Evilbay allow this obvious scam to remain on their site? Are they claiming ignorance? I don't think even they are stupid enough to believe this. How can they justify not pulling this kind of crap immediately?
Mueller
maybe it is just me, but I think the bidders deserve to be taken for being so stupid
Zeke
QUOTE(bob91403 @ Oct 27 2004, 02:09 PM)
How can Evilbay allow this obvious scam to remain on their site? Are they claiming ignorance? I don't think even they are stupid enough to believe this. How can they justify not pulling this kind of crap immediately?

Prolly hasn't been reported yet.
double-a
i've been doing ebay for years, and that seller just doesn't pass the smell test. however... he's got bids! ohmy.gif

~a
F4i
Currently wasting his time with stupid questions. wink.gif
hargray2
I reported suspicious activity. Check for this seller in a week or so. bs.gif idea.gif
Robert21
the guy has 0 feedback . i would not go near him .
if its to good of a deal is time to run away
skline
I sent him an email to ask him about it. He replied asking if I wanted to get a buy it now price. He says he ships everything insured with a money back guarantee. Then he says what are you looking for and make him my best offer. I dont know, I think I would pass on his auctions. No pictures, just descriptions and I also noticed they were all over the place. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is, my fathers favorite saying.
skline
Ha! He is no longer a registered user, imagine that.
bob91403
A rather ridiculous attempt at fraud. A ton of items, with no reserve on most of them. All ads pulled, he's gone. Wasn't even a good attempt. He must be one of the lamest, dumbest crooks on the planet. Probably some 15yr. old. I hope his parents take away his computer. sawzall-smiley.gif
Howard
here's the email i got inquiring about a 996 turbo biggrin.gif

The car is still available for sale and ready to be shipped.

I'm very glad that you like my car and I can only say that you have good taste about cars!This car was never crushed, droped or raced,no scathches,no dents and also it has a clear title. I took care of it like it was my own baby and now is in the same condition as it was when I bought it - even better!

The price is $ 8000 USD including shipping to your home address.
Shipping will be done via Lufthansa Air Cargo from London,United Kingdom and it will take no more then 4 days for the car to arrive at the delivery location.I am in the Military and Lufthansa will manage me a low price for shipping and if you will pay the money transfer taxes,I will pay for the shipping fees.I will arrange for you not to pay any dutyes when the car will pass through customs.In this way the car can be delivered to your home address.

Also,you have nothing to worry about this deal because will be done it in a secure way.The most important thing in all my activities, is that I am affiliated at eBay Square Trade and I have a Purchase Protection Account for USD $20,000 and I assume you know what this means.If you did not hear about Square Trade here are their terms:

1) If you will not receive the car not as advertised,Square Trade will refund you the whole amount which you paid me(100 %).In case that you will not receive the car,they will refund you the money back from my account.

2) You can send the money to my name and address but you will not provide me the details of the payment.You will provide the details to Square Trade.They will verify the payment and if is ok,and the money are availble under my name they will notify me to procede with the shipping.After you receive and see that the car is the one you want,you just notify Square Trade to forward me the payment details in order for me to pick up my money.

Let me know if this is ok with you,so that we can go forward with this deal!About the payment Square Trade will manage in my place the financial details.
Regards!

p.s. If you have the money ready and you want to buy my baby I need your full name and shipping address in order to contact Square Trade to start the deal.
Meredith
Good grammar, excellent spelling, what's not to trust? confused24.gif
736conver
There are so many of these scams on ebay right now. There are many within the Porsche auctions themselves. Especially within the rims/wheels. Most scams involve that you contact the seller or have to be pre-approved.
I think that in itself is a trap. You start emailing this person and soon you start opening their attachments to look at pictures. Next thing you know they have your ebay passwords and your account is now hi-jacked and selling fake parts, and then they crash your computer so you cant even log on. I have always thought this will be the down fall of ebay.
You cannot not always trust a high feedback rating. Accounts get hi-jacked often.
They need to find a way to combat these bastards ar15.gif
bob91403
I'd pay money to see that this guy is prosecuted. Just want to see the look on his face as they drag him away in cuffs. If they just let it go, he will be out there trying to rip someone else off. He deserves to be charged with about 300 counts of fraud, and serve time for each one. smash.gif
SpecialK
QUOTE(bob91403 @ Oct 28 2004, 01:05 AM)
I'd pay money to see that this guy is prosecuted. Just want to see the look on his face as they drag him away in cuffs. If they just let it go, he will be out there trying to rip someone else off. He deserves to be charged with about 300 counts of fraud, and serve time for each one. smash.gif

agree.gif

Him, and all of those sh*theads that think they're being 'cool' creating computer virus' ar15.gif
bob91403
QUOTE(Special_K @ Oct 28 2004, 02:31 AM)
QUOTE(bob91403 @ Oct 28 2004, 01:05 AM)
I'd pay money to see that this guy is prosecuted. Just want to see the look on his face as they drag him away in cuffs. If they just let it go, he will be out there trying to rip someone else off. He deserves to be charged with about 300 counts of fraud, and serve time for each one.  :smash:

agree.gif

Him, and all of those sh*theads that think they're being 'cool' creating computer virus' ar15.gif

I'm lucky, I have a Mac. I don't know if they're immune, or if it's just too much trouble to write a virus that would only affect 10% of the computers out there. But, I've never heard of Macs having problems with viruses. boldblue.gif
Curvie Roadlover
He no longer has any items up for auction idea.gif
Rhodes71/914
I'm lucky, I have a Mac. I don't know if they're immune, or if it's just too much trouble to write a virus that would only affect 10% of the computers out there. But, I've never heard of Macs having problems with viruses. boldblue.gif

That and the fact that the Mac OS is sooo much better than Windows. At work I want to toss my PC across the room at least twice a day. At home I clould hug my Mac for how great it is.
hargray2
I knew he wouldn't last long after I reported him. I thought he may last longer than a few hours though. clap56.gif
bob91403
QUOTE(hargray2 @ Oct 28 2004, 05:43 PM)
I knew he wouldn't last long after I reported him. I thought he may last longer than a few hours though. clap56.gif

I never expected Evilbay to respond that quick. His bullshit was only there for a couple of hours. clap56.gif
ninefourteener
You're not going to believe this...... I think the same guy is doing it again...

EDWARD6550

Same stuff, same prices, same circumstances.

How does this happen? This scares the shit out of me.

--Matt
bob91403
The guy says ebay pulled his ads because he didn't have all the items listed in stock. Says they gave him a new account. Still sound like bull to me. He says it can be done through square trade.(middleman, holding company) They hold your payment until you recieve the goods and sign off on sending the guy the payment. Don't see how he could defraud anyone that way. idea.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(bob91403 @ Oct 29 2004, 07:48 PM)
Don't see how he could defraud anyone that way. idea.gif

well, how about you go ahead and then tell us how it went???

laugh.gif Andy
double-a
ayup, all the same stuff, different seller. but look... the high bidders are using some rather creative user names.

~a
DonTraver
Is this the guy with the $8000 996? If it is, I sent him a email saying I'd give him $10,000 for it, as soon as it passed registration at the DMV. Never heard back, lol.

Save your money, this guy probably works with Part Werks of Chicago. finger.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.