Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bremerton Skills day this Saturday
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Root_Werks
I don't see anything on the PNWR sight. Is there a driving event going on this weekend at Bremerton? driving.gif
Bleyseng
If there is I wish I could go...(insert drywalling smiley here)
dinomium
Saturday you say Dan? Wifey is workin and the Jetta just got nu Conti shoes... PM me if you a re going to be out there!

Geoff, as the son of a Drywall contractor, I can attest to the fact that there are NO DRYWALL smiles!
dinomium
it is a track driver's skills day! Open to all street cars and better. The IRDC club is the sanctioning body...

IRDC track day
Eddie914
It's a lapping day. The layout should be fairly similar to the SCCA course. Generally a pretty low key event. Great bang for the buck!

I got the rebuilt Webers and new plug wires installed tonight and she fired right up! I should be all ready to go.

We'll just cross our fingers and hope for weather like today!

Eddie
DNHunt
Supposed to be raining cats and dogs Saturday. I gotta try one of these someday.

Dave
rhodyguy
more fun for $40 than you can get ANY place else. i think the laping sessions were 15 minute long when i attended one. beware of the high traction compound at the starting line of the drag strip if it's raining, and you're rolling at a fast clip in 4th.

kevin
Root_Werks
mad.gif Work "Asked" me to work on Saturday. mad.gif If I can get out of it, I am going rain or shine. But we will have to see. sad.gif
Eddie914
Four days ago, the weather forecasts indicated that it would be raining "cats & dogs" on Wednesday (yesterday) ... and look how nice it was yesterday. I can only hope the forecasts are wrong again!

My 914 is miserable in the rain! No heat. No fresh air blower. Lots of high holes and not many low holes ... once the water gets in, it doesn't drain out. No engine cover rain tray.

I bought a small electric dash mount heater from Harbor freight. It's a POS but it's better than nothing.

Pray for minimal rain!

Eddie
rhodyguy
eddie, if you use one of those anti-fog products it will help.

kevin
Root_Werks
smilie_pokal.gif Last night I welded heater tubes on my 914-6 headers. When I get it all set up, I will post pic's and how I did it. wink.gif
Eddie914
Dan,

You must have been reading my mind. For Seattle winters OEM heat exchangers are more than whats needed.

Hope you make it to Bremerton on Saturday so I can take a look!

Eddie
Root_Werks
I use 2 electric fans from stock 914-4's, one on each side. Second time I have done this and seems to work dam well if I do say so myself. There is no restriction so the air really flows. It warms up pretty quick, but never gets really hot like SSI's would. But that is almost better because you can leave the fans cranking out 75 degree air through the cabin of the 914. Keeps the inside nice, dry and no more fogging up windows! biggrin.gif Plus you don't rob any cooling air from the engine cooling fan.

Pretty much, I take 3" exhaust pipe, cut, bend, hammer little dimples so it sits up snug along the headers, weld onto headers. Hook up hoses and fans, extend the factory wiring to the fans, done! I have thought about getting fancy with 3 speed fans or something. maybe? idea.gif
Root_Werks
headbang.gif mad.gif Son-of-A$%@#*! I cannot get out of work this Saturday. I will probably sneak out around 2PM. Eddie, I might PM you my cell number. If stuff is still going on at 2PM maybe you can let me know? sad.gif

I wanna go play! boldblue.gif

Work sucks! mad.gif
dinomium
Hey Dan, what's happening?
Ummmmmmm yeah, Dan gonna need ya to go ahead and come it on Saturday, ok... that would be greaaaaaaaat.
dinomium
Well the local weather guys missed AGAIN! cuz it is bee U tee ful outside here in Bremerton!
Too bad all my neato cars are on blocks... I still might cruz by and see what is going on.
Root_Werks
QUOTE(dinomium @ Oct 28 2004, 03:34 PM)
Hey Dan, what's happening?
Ummmmmmm yeah, Dan gonna need ya to go ahead and come it on Saturday, ok... that would be greaaaaaaaat.

laugh.gif

Yeah! My wife came to work with me so I think I can get out of here by 10:30(Redmond - Microsoftsville) and head on down! smilie_pokal.gif I don't think I will be driving, but will be fun to hang out. Hopefully I will see you and Eddie today. I can show off my new heaters! biggrin.gif
Root_Werks
I mean I will be driving the 914, just probably not in the events. wink.gif
Bleyseng
Wish I could go too, but atleas the drywalling is done on to painting!

Geoff biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.