Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rusted jack points
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Brandon113
I have rusted out jack points and the tubes are in bad shape but the longs are in great shape. My question is the tube is welded to a plate that covers the long and then has the pyramid shaped plate welded on top that the tube passes through. I can not seem to find the flat plate that welds to the long and the tube. Once I removed the rusted tube there is a inspection hole in the long under the flat mounting plate. I don't see any of this in the diagrams. Am I missing some thing? I can form a new plat out of 18 gauge sheet and tig it in place but would like to see what it looked like as my is rusted away. There is front reinforcemrnt box that is welded to the front of the long just about under the door hinge wondering if anyone makes one of these ?

Thanks Brandon
wingnut86
Brandon,

You have just discovered why sooo many 914s spend years on jackstands
smile.gif

We need photos with the best lighting and image quality possible, still keeping under the image post size. Many more will jump in and help, ridicule and expess sympathies once you do so.

Good luck & welcome to hell happy11.gif

Dave

QUOTE(Brandon113 @ Sep 16 2012, 10:59 AM) *

I have rusted out jack points and the tubes are in bad shape but the longs are in great shape. My question is the tube is welded to a plate that covers the long and then has the pyramid shaped plate welded on top that the tube passes through. I can not seem to find the flat plate that welds to the long and the tube. Once I removed the rusted tube there is a inspection hole in the long under the flat mounting plate. I don't see any of this in the diagrams. Am I missing some thing? I can form a new plat out of 18 gauge sheet and tig it in place but would like to see what it looked like as my is rusted away. There is front reinforcemrnt box that is welded to the front of the long just about under the door hinge wondering if anyone makes one of these ?

Thanks Brandon
SirAndy
QUOTE(wingnut86 @ Sep 16 2012, 08:06 AM) *
We need photos

agree.gif
Krieger
Both parts are available from restoration design & fairly inexpensive. They are one of the advertisers on this site. Check the top of this page.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.