Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: scrapping my 72 parts car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pass45
sawzall-smiley.gif I need the drivers side
hot_shoe914
That back firewall doesn't look bad.
wingnut86
Hows the floor pan, longs, trunk, suspension points, etc.

Someone might be really happy to get their hands on those pieces and parts...
Pass45
The Longs are rusted out. The control arm mount by the hell hole is scary the floor pans are new but whoever put them in had no clue how to use a welder. The back firewall is soft by the hell hole
kid914
QUOTE(wingnut86 @ Sep 16 2012, 02:37 PM) *

Hows the floor pan, longs, trunk, suspension points, etc.

Someone might be really happy to get their hands on those pieces and parts...

I might be interested in floor pans, can you post pics?
GeorgeRud
The way parts are becoming NLA, I'd think that saving anything that isn't rusted out is better than scrapping the parts.

You might want to call Brad Mayeur at 914Ltd in E. Peoria to see if he has any suggestions. There aren't many cars left in the Midwest that aren't affected by the tinworm.
two-strokejohn
I'd be interested in the door jambs left and right , if you cut the car up.

Thanks, John
t collins
I could use the mount for the emergency brake handle if available.
Thanks, Tom
aircooledboy
QUOTE(Pass45 @ Sep 16 2012, 02:05 PM) *

The Longs are rusted out. The control arm mount by the hell hole is scary the floor pans are new but whoever put them in had no clue how to use a welder. The back firewall is soft by the hell hole

How's the hood and trunk lid lookin? biggrin.gif not sure where Wildwood is, but at least we're in the same state. beerchug.gif
jeff
My 914 is rusted in a few spots around the headlights/trunk area , the channel where the rubber sits, if you'd be willing to cut some out I'd love to purchase....I'm in California but the pieces are fairly small,packaging and shipping should be inexpensive..I can send detailed pics if you're interested...thanks
somd914
How's the firewall in front of the pedals? My floor is fine but have rust in the master cylinder area of the firewall.
two-strokejohn
Click to view attachmenthere are the pics of the door jamb parts I need.
Pass45
I will get back to everyone tonight after work
Pass45
Sorry I did not get out to look at the car when I got off work it's been raining
all night
Pass45
QUOTE(somd914 @ Sep 16 2012, 06:08 PM) *

How's the firewall in front of the pedals? My floor is fine but have rust in the master cylinder area of the firewall.

Looks like a bad patch job
somd914
QUOTE(Pass45 @ Sep 18 2012, 05:50 PM) *

QUOTE(somd914 @ Sep 16 2012, 06:08 PM) *

Looks like a bad patch job

Thanks for checking
Pass45
QUOTE(aircooledboy @ Sep 16 2012, 05:41 PM) *

QUOTE(Pass45 @ Sep 16 2012, 02:05 PM) *

How's the hood and trunk lid lookin? biggrin.gif not sure where Wildwood is, but at least we're in the same state. beerchug.gif

I might need the trunk but the hood don't look bad and im by gurnee i94-120
Pass45
QUOTE(t collins @ Sep 16 2012, 04:19 PM) *

I could use the mount for the emergency brake handle if available.
Thanks, Tom

It looks solid I will cut it out this weekend and post a picture for you
Pass45
QUOTE(two-strokejohn @ Sep 16 2012, 07:06 PM) *

I'm planning on cutting the car up this weeken the driver side is rust free but the passenger side has 1 bad spot down low
veltror
looks far better then what I am working with
Pass45
QUOTE(veltror @ Sep 18 2012, 02:43 PM) *

looks far better then what I am working with

The car I'm building was crashed in the late 70's it took a good hit to the drivers side rear quarter panel and it tore the inside of the trunk open its bad enough that no one's fixed it since 1977 it's only got 20,000 miles on it so I don't feel too bad cutting up a rusty car to fix it
TargaToy
Keep them. They may help you or another teener save another car someday. When we scrapped my parts car, my friend cut the rears off almost as an afterthought. A year or so later, I discovered that both rear corners of my car were composed of braze, newspaper, and horribly shaped tin beneath a ton of filler. Thankfully, the quarters we saved became the much-needed donors for the repairs.

Just my $.02

PS, I know it's been said but that tub doesn't look so bad. Mine was worse!
Pass45

One door jam out one to go. I'm gonna cut the firewall out if anybody's interested in it
two-strokejohn
QUOTE(Pass45 @ Sep 23 2012, 11:59 AM) *

One door jam out one to go. I'm gonna cut the firewall out if anybody's interested in it

how much for the door jambs?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.