Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BIG 4
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kid914
Looking at building a big 4 but had a few Q'S

1- are 103mm pistons good for a 2270 engine?
2- has anyone dealt with KOKOPARTS.COM they sell (manufactured by AA performance products)
:note these are NOT cima, cofap or mahle!

should i proceed? sugestions?
Thanks
Valy
QUOTE(kid914 @ Sep 16 2012, 02:34 PM) *

Looking at building a big 4 but had a few Q'S

1- are 103mm pistons good for a 2270 engine?
2- has anyone dealt with KOKOPARTS.COM they sell (manufactured by AA performance products)
:note these are NOT cima, cofap or mahle!

should i proceed? sugestions?
Thanks

I got my 96 P/C from them. Everything was good.
2270cc is 96mm pistons * 78.4mm crank
gothspeed
What he said ^^^ ............ the good thing about 96 pistons and the 78.4 crank is that the case should not need any machining or very minimal clearing, depending on the rods used.
Looking back now I kind of wish I went with at least a counter weighted 74.4 mm crank instead of the counter weighted 71mm on my 2056.

ConeDodger
103mm pistons are only used when building an improvised explosive device (IED). happy11.gif
gothspeed
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Sep 17 2012, 08:24 AM) *

103mm pistons are only used when building an improvised explosive device (IED). happy11.gif

+1 ........ 96mm is the biggest cylinder I would go with single spark plug ...... idea.gif
Mark Henry
If you want to pop by my place some time I'll let you look at all the stuff you need....and you can drool over some of the stuff you wish you could have smile.gif
Over the next 2-6 weeks I'm putting together a couple of big engines so you don't have long on this offer.

Raby, HAM, WEB, AA, weber, eurorace, mallory and many other cool bits going together.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.