Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: possible barn find,, 64 VW bug,, 1 owner 84k
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rotary'14
I have a chance to buy a 64 bug that looks beautiful,, it has a bunch of original stuff on there and is indeed being sold by the original owner who brought the bug over from germany in 64. (I don't know why they didn't go to a local dealer.) It is a black plate CA car and it really looks like it spent most of it's time in the garage. The seller says it's original paint, and it's pretty shiny too! It was started 2 weeks ago and driven around the block.

What's it worth?
I don't usually come across barn finds.

-Robert
Rotary'14
Next
Rotary'14
1 more
mepstein
The real question is what can you buy it for?
Rotary'14
is 9.5k too much? this would cost more than any 914 I ever bought! (I'm a cheapo)
If you pass, I'm interested. Thanks
billh1963
This is a great question for thesamba
rick 918-S
I have a very nice 66 Beetle for sale right now. I can't get an offer. I just tossed it up on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Beetle-/280...forcev4exp=true

If you guy's really want a Beetle and aren't just talking to hear yourself PM me. The car needs to be sold.

And 9.5K is steep. I'm not saying it's not worth it but Beetles in general don't seem to be commanding high prices in any market.

SirAndy
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Sep 16 2012, 06:20 PM) *
And 9.5K is steep. I'm not saying it's not worth it but Beetles in general don't seem to be commanding high prices in any market.

agree.gif

I was looking at an early '60 ragtop a few years back that was in very good condition. Ended up changing my mind (not because of the car) but i heard it later sold for $500.
blink.gif
mrbubblehead
i think its probly a 6k car....
scotty b
Wow, nice find but I'd agree with bubblehead. 4-5000.00

The RIGHT person ( collector ) may drop 8000 on it if it looks as good in person as the pics do, but that would be an extremely small market to find

Offer 2500.00-3500.00
rick 918-S
Holy crap! I hope it's worth more than 3-5K screwy.gif or I'm pulling mine off ebay!

I think it looks very nice from what you show. I wouldn't sell it for less than 8K myself or I'd leave it in the barn. If I don't get 6K for mine I'll put it in the garage another winter.
falconfp2001
Beetles are like 914 in regards to hell holes and hidden rust. You need to look at the whole car inside out and under. If the battery is under the rear seat then that is where the hell hole originates and the floor pan on the passenger side behind the passenger seat. Easier to fix than in a 914 though.

If they haven't driven it for a while then it could be an accident ready to happen. Hoses are old and prone to leaks, especially the fuel line in the engine compartment.

If it is a matching numbers car then it could be worth 9.5K but only if it is perfect and has been serviced regularly with records. All the accessories would have to operate perfectly also, heat, fresh air, windows. I would say 9.5 is kinda steep but he could get that on the Samba.

The higher value bugs are ovals and split windows now and don't even get me started on the buses.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.