Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another one followed me home
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dlee6204
I picked this car up today. VIN 4742909998. Its a 74 with a 1.8. Has a lot of good stuff on it for the price. I bought it for the motor but will likely keep it around and do something cool with it. Its still very original including the owner's booklet, new/original keys, and even a ski rack (when the previous owner lived in Colorado). Its been sitting for 25 years!

The odd thing is that it doesn't not have much rust at all... except for the front. The hell hole is small, jack points missing but still solid, only two small holes in the entire floorpan. The entire front passenger corner though is missing from rust. blink.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
dlee6204
w00t.gif
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Krieger
Wholey crap! Thats a big hole.
Krank
Look... a tonneau floor!
dlee6204
I think they parked the front half in a pond.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
dlee6204
Click to view attachment
poorsche914
If you decide to part it out, I could use the steel rockers for my LE smile.gif

driving.gif
dlee6204
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Sep 16 2012, 10:01 PM) *

driving.gif

Both sides are rusted in half but I might have some others. I'll check.
Vysoc

Good Luck,

Once you clean the tar off those floorboards you are going to hate what you see. mad.gif
Dude.

Vysoc flag.gif
metalmorphosis
Hey doug you wouldn't have to cut a hole in the front of that one for a/c! If you decide to part w those wheels let me know.

gabe
Cupomeat
You are right it doesn't have much rust, heck all the metal is gone... lol-2.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Sep 16 2012, 06:01 PM) *

driving.gif

blink.gif I would have pulled the wheels off and let nature finish the job she has already put a good deal of effort into...
dlee6204
QUOTE(Cupomeat @ Sep 17 2012, 11:06 AM) *

You are right it doesn't have much rust, heck all the metal is gone... lol-2.gif

laugh.gif
dlee6204
You guys just wait and see shades.gif
ConeDodger
Well, Doug... At least you wont have to drill out the spot welds to take it apart... blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.